FlightTrack alternative

drathos

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement for FlightTrack?

Mobiata just released v5 of FlightTrack as a separate app requiring a new purchase while not having all the features of the old version. In addition to that, they've removed the old version from the Play Store.

I'm looking for an app that can keep track of my travel itinerary with TripIt sync and provides updates to flight status (delays, gate changes, etc.).

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Mobiata just released v5 of FlightTrack as a separate app requiring a new purchase while not having all the features of the old version. In addition to that, they've removed the old version from the Play Store.

I'm looking for an app that can keep track of my travel itinerary with TripIt sync and provides updates to flight status (delays, gate changes, etc.).

FlightTrack
Mobiata - November 21, 2013
Travel & Local

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.mobiata.flighttrack&token=WrNSgGvx

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I use FlightView, which keeps track of and provides alerts for multiple flights and itineraries but doesn't automatically sync with full-featured travel apps like WorldMate, TripIt, or TripCase. I use it when needing to track flights for multiple people (many staff traveling to a show or meeting site, to be specific).

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the OP might be right - appears to be a dead link.

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX

no dead link for me, beachy. maybe because i already bought it?

funny it's not a dead link on Chrome when i'm signed in - BUT when i try Firefox and am NOT signed in - it's a dead link.

who is responsible for this? Mobiata or Google? and who is complicit?

Battleship

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Mobiata just released v5 of FlightTrack as a separate app requiring a new purchase while not having all the features of the old version. In addition to that, they've removed the old version from the Play Store
I think Mobiata pulled a fast one (must have learned from tapatalk) but, according to their own posts, the old version will remain available. I pulled this from the comments:

"MOBIATA As long as you use the same Play Store credentials that you used to buy the app originally you can reinstall: )1. On your device, launch the Play Store app. 2. Tap the app's Action Overflow button (three vertically-aligned squares). 3. Tap My apps. 4. Tap the ALL tab. 5. Scroll to find the app you want to install and Tap it. 6. Tap Install. :) "

Wanted to confirm this for myself since I bought that up last year so I pulled out my old SGSII and yup, there it was in All Apps. No doubt they won't support it anymore, though. Crappy move.

drathos

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I think Mobiata pulled a fast one (must have learned from tapatalk) but, according to their own posts, the old version will remain available.

I can get it via All Apps (doesn't show up in a search, though), but, given their actions, I don't know how long it will keep working. That's why I'm looking for a replacement.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been a long time FlightTrack user and was unaware that they have upgraded their app until seeing this thread. (Actually been using it for about 5 years.)
Since I use it so much i decided to "fork over" the $2.99 for the newer version (it will be $4.99 on December 1 according to their blog).
I have to say that it's actually a really nice UI and I do not mind the 3 bucks for an app that I use so much!

Battleship

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been a long time FlightTrack user and was unaware that they have upgraded their app until seeing this thread. (Actually been using it for about 5 years.)
Since I use it so much i decided to "fork over" the $2.99 for the newer version (it will be $4.99 on December 1 according to their blog).
I have to say that it's actually a really nice UI and I do not mind the 3 bucks for an app that I use so much!
I must admit that, though I thought it was a very crappy move on Mobiata's part, I ended up buying it again, too. Agree on the UI, which is informative in ways the previous version wasn't. It bugged me to do it but, in the end, I've used it so much over time that I didn't want to chance it with another app - and I tried many before happily settling on this one years ago.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i played with the new version (5). i like the old version better!!!

so we have -

1. FlightTrack Free - $0 - GONE - No Longer Updated/Supported?
2. FlightTrack - $4.99 - GONE - No Longer Updated/Supported?
3. FlightTrack Pro Upgrade - $4.99 - GONE - No Longer Updated/Supported?
4. FlightBoard - $3.99 - Still Available
4. FlightTrack 5 - $4.99 ($2.99 Until December 1)

Scumbag Devs Star-fullStar-blankStar-blankStar-blankStar-blank
FlightView has the option to get directions to any airport and you can click on the name to import into Google Maps / Google Navigation. FlightView doesn't keep adding new features by making paid addons to paid applications. Instead of one app like FlightView, these scumbags make you buy and install three apps to do the same job! (Flight track paid, upgrade to elite paid, and flight board paid). Screw you greedy scumbags. Three apps? What are you too stupid to program one or just scamers? Both I guess.
15 Dec 2012

FlightTrack analytics of users reviews at MetricsCat.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12