Is it still useful to move apps to the SD memory card on a Samsung GT-S6312?

mikemyers

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I have purchased a Samsung Galaxy Nexus Young, GT-S6312.
Android version: 4.1.2

As others have found, the option to move apps to the SD card is gone. (It took a lot of searching, but apparently the old way of doing things is a thing of the past...)

I started out with 1500 megs of system free space, and I'm down to 500 or so, now that everything is installed. I'm wondering if it's even worth worrying about moving any of the apps to the external SD card. I keep thinking that something like OSMAND+ maps, with a huge amount of "map files" would be worth somehow moving the maps data to the SD card, but I wouldn't know where to go about trying to do that.

Am I wasting my time here? With 400 to 500 megs free, I don't think it matters whether or not I can move the apps.....

(I should add here that I got the phone for only 5800 INR (about US $85 or so) in India, and I find it hard to believe that I can buy a phone that does just about everything, *and* works with two SIM cards, for such a low price! Even Nova Launcher Prime installed perfectly, and allowed me to do many of the same things I set up on my HTC One.)

mazbeach

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Within OSMAND+ you have the choice to download the maps to the "external" SD card. I just did it last night, but found it by accident while playing.

mikemyers

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Can you suggest how you found it? That is exactly what I need to do, but I haven't even come close to finding it yet. If you did it, that is good news!!!

Added later - found it!!!! Thanks. I thought I had searched all over, but I guess I missed it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz