Visit site
Well launcherPro has its own set of AMAZING widgets... 6 and counting:
- People
- Boomarks
- Calendar (see screenshot for example)
- Messaging
- Twitter (see screenshot for example)
- Facebook

Also, the dev said a combined Facebook and Twitter widget is due next. Weather, clock, and lots more are on the list as well.

Besides, LauncherPro also allows you to have up to 3 docks and you can scroll between them.

LP1.png

LP2.png

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I requested somethink along the lines of this in another thread on here called what android apps are missing, maybe a scrolable tabbed docklet would be an awsome widget but got no responce. I also tryed launcher x pro but its a little clumbsy with the buttons if you have big fingers.
I have a HTC Desire and havn't used sence for ages I just wish there was a lazy way to switch it of all togetther without rooting.

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I recommended LP in this thread is because it supports up to 3 docks that you can swipe between them. And because the OP is interested in space-saving ideas, each icon on any of the 3 docks can serve 2 purposes: a single tap action and a swipe-up action. For example, I have my GTasks icon on the dock, 1 tap launches GTasks, swiping the same icon launches Calendar; for the Gmail icon, swiping it launches the compose window. Of course all these actions are completely customizable.

Therefore, 3 docks, 5 icons each dock, 2 actions per icon = 30 apps/actions. That is lota space saving right there :p

The mentioning and screenshots of the widgets few posts up was only to illustrate that LP has amazing and beautiful widgets and maybe they can replace the sense widgets in few months (when more widgets are out).

anon(53030)

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes melwen....hopefully Lp becomes better (for my tastes) in the coming months. I hope so, but I'm Luvin sense for now.

sent from the current baddest cell phone on the planet.....the HTC Evo 4G

Sinamn2224

May 14, 2010
Visit site
THE LP widgets are so much better than sense. They just make more sense. The calendar switches from month to agenda in the same widget and you can create new event from the widget. The fb widget switches from news to your wall in same widget. That and the dock I've gone from 7 home screens to 5. And my default screen is just bw widget. LP rocks.