All-new file manager with drag-and-drop, continuous multi-touch-zoom in all views

gslnr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
devicel.png

http://sites.google.com/site/gslngr/

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Seems promising. The free version doesn't do much, which makes it hard to evaluate actual use, but navigating between folders is intuitive and I like seeing two directories when doing file management.

Be nice to try the picture view you show in the image above - can't seem to figure out how to get there.

I like the color coding of files vs. folders, although the green used for folders is pretty low contrast vs. the white background - makes it hard to read, at least for my old eyes. Maybe darken it a bit?

I find the click left to open, click right for pop-up menu...just a source of error. Everywhere else in android you long-click for a menu. I'm sure with time using Scalicommander I'd remember the left/right system most of the time - but why? To save half a second, at the cost of more mistakes? I'd encourage you to drop this and stick with the Android UI guideline here. YMMV.

Last edited:

gslnr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
- all colors will get configurable, the default values will get optimized
- the "click left to open, click right for pop-up menu" may get changeable to the Android-standard, but saving the time for long click is very important for me
- where exactly is your problem to get a view like the one in the image above?

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
looks promising dose it handle .zip files and .apk instalation ? if so you got me as I'm having to use 2 file managers at the moment as none on the market are actualy capable of what I would deam full file support & managment.

anon(53030)

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
i dont mean to tell you how to do things....But considering ima self-certified visual expert....I suggest making the app black/carbonfiber-esque with white letters....I wish all apps used this format bcuz i HATE white backrounds

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Then create a new zip directory
Dose that mean its capable of zipping up and if so how exactly would I go about that, as holding till edit window pops and going to edit only gives you the option to open.
On the s60 platform it was all handled with a winrar app.

Last edited:

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i dont mean to tell you how to do things....But considering ima self-certified visual expert....

ROTFL except when it comes to proof reading your own posts!!!
I am sorry I mean no harm and am just kidding around but it struck me funny for some reason .... i:)i

gslnr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
in the next version of ScaliCommander, all colors, standard font sizes... will be configurable and it will support zip/unzip with multi-select and drag-and-drop!

will be out very soon, working hard!

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i dont mean to tell you how to do things....But considering ima self-certified visual expert....I suggest making the app black/carbonfiber-esque with white letters....I wish all apps used this format bcuz i HATE white backrounds

Sorry but just because you like or dislike something, does not mean it is the best way to do things. People are different and tastes vary, this is why we have what they call "choices."

I personally like the white schemes of most software, as opposed to the black. I usually like tiny hi-res black fonts on a white/light background for most programs but I also use white letters on a black background, like you prefer, depending on the program. It depends on the program and what I am doing.

I personally feel all developers should always allow user definable colors, backgrounds and fonts at the very least.
So I agree that all software should have at least a black and white scheme if they do not offer user definable options.

Don't take this the wrong way but you need to learn that people are different and not PUSH your so called "self expertise" just because you have a specific color preference. Next time just suggest he implement a dark scheme.

Personal choice is key and one reason I love Android, we are not forced into what one company or person says we should like.

Last edited:

Sonicaholic

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Menu>new>zip directory

Derr how did I miss that Now I feel realy blond :O

in the next version of ScaliCommander, all colors, standard font sizes... will be configurable and it will support zip/unzip with multi-select and drag-and-drop!
will be out very soon, working hard!

Fab news I look forward to it as your UI looks nice multiple file view with drag&drop is a lovely way to navigate round a file browser. Will you be adding .apk installation in the future? I can't wait to check this out when you update as a file browser is 1app I use many times a day.

@paladin I also prefer black txt on white but reverse it were I can as it lowers the screens battery usage.

PS: sorry if I temporerily hijacked the thread it wasn't my intention.

Last edited:

gslnr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Fab news I look forward to it as your UI looks nice multiple file view with drag&drop is a lovely way to navigate round a file browser. Will you be adding .apk installation in the future? I can't wait to check this out when you update as a file browser is 1app I use many times a day.

currently implementing zip-support...
what exactly do you mean by .apk installation? you can install an .apk simply by opening it with the package manager - could add batch-install
what do you think of the new look and color, size changing in 1.1?

gslnr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
New version 1.1.1:

support for
copy/move/delete of many/large files/folders
with expressive confirmation/progress/result dialogs,
operations may be aborted at any time

see the website for details

Update for Trial coming soon!

devicea.png
device1.png