Recommended PIM/organizer that syncs w/ Windows?

littlebigman

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello

As Personal Information Manager (PIM), I am happy with Android's native Calendar and People applications combined with MyPhoneExplorer's Tasks and Notes, and syncing all four with Outlook.

However, a friend who works as a primary school director doesn't like the way the native Calendar application looks, so moved to ColorNote because multi-day events can be displayed in different colors, but ColorNote 1) doesn't seem to support creating a multi-day event in one go (eg. just enter FROM and TO dates), and 2) only supports Calendar + Notes, but doesn't provide support for Tasks and possibly People/Contacts.

Besides, she never synced her phone with Windows, which means that losing her phone would have her lose all information.

So I was wondering if someone could recommend a PIM/organizer that would support the following features:
  • Can sync with Windows, either with their own apps or Outlook; Data should not sit in the cloud, as she prefers her backup data to sit on her computer
  • Calendar should make it very easy to enter multi-day events and show them in different colors to make them stand out
  • In addition to schedule, should support tasks, notes, and contacts
  • Application should be free or affordable (ie. should not requiring buying the whole Microsoft Office suite just for this)

Searching the archives returned hits such as Pimlical, SpringPad, MS OneNote, and Evernote. Are there other applications you would recommend?

Thank you.

littlebigman

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It seems like there's no good application that provides the four apps (Calendar, contacts, tasks, notes) in Android and Windows, so I'll recommend installing either of those for calendar...

Business Calendar (Pro = ad-free) https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=netgenius.bizcal&token=jYyc7vPi
aCalendar https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=org.withouthat.acalendar&token=_1v-h2ZI
Jorte https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=jp.co.johospace.jorte&token=P9GCvXrH

... and rely on MyPhoneExplorer to provide Tasks + Notes in Android and Windows.

kernmal

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello

So I was wondering if someone could recommend a PIM/organizer that would support the following features:
  • Can sync with Windows, either with their own apps or Outlook; Data should not sit in the cloud, as she prefers her backup data to sit on her computer
  • Calendar should make it very easy to enter multi-day events and show them in different colors to make them stand out
  • In addition to schedule, should support tasks, notes, and contacts
  • Application should be free or affordable (ie. should not requiring buying the whole Microsoft Office suite just for this)

Local sync over USB? Take a look at DejaOffice CRM in the Play Store. It mimics the old Palm OS PIM functions.

Personally, I would stick with the cloud.
I use aCalendar+, GTasks (syncs with Google Tasks), Draft (note app, formerly Epistle, syncs with Drop box) and the stock People app for PIM functions.

Business Calendar Pro is also a good calendar app. The Dev has a task app in beta that syncs with Google Tasks and can be integrated into Business Calendar.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae