Voice Recorder & 3GP audio is driving me CRAZY! -- How do you convert to MP3?

be the droid

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I use the app Voice Recorder on my EVO. It records audio in 3GP format. Plays back fine on my phone. Even allows me to email the files which is cool too.

However...

It's seemingly impossible to encode these 3GP files to MP3. :eek:

I've tried multiple windows software applications. I've searched for solutions on this forum. I've prayed to several gods.

1) Do you know how to encode these 3GP files to MP3?

-- OR (even better) --

2) Do you know of an app that records in MP3?

Between this, and the inability to record phone calls AT ALL on the android...is the only thing that has my old crusty Palm Centro looking mighty futuristic.

Help!

Last edited:

be the droid

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Solved

UPDATE: My own workarounds...

CONVERTING 3GP to MP3...
I found the FREE windows app, SUPER encodes the 3GP files to MP3 just dandy. Download it here, or go the the main site if direct link doesn't work.

GOING FORWARD...
The app Recordoid. The full version $1.99 located here (not in Android Market). Favorite feature, WAV format recording! VERY high quality compared to the 3GP. The UI is very slick and cool too, which doesn't hurt.

Hope this helps you record with your droid gracefully!

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I did a quick search of the market. "MP3" resulted in HIFIcorder. Voice recoder that encodes to MP3 in the back ground. Some bad reviews that I believe are due to other apps running or notifications interfeiring with the encoding process.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae