| || |
SeaCraft! [FREE] [MMO] [indie]
This is my first game, it's basically (yet another) Sid Meiers classic Pirates remake.
Key difference is 3D engine and MMO element and whole world as a playing arena, with different 11 empires as guilds.
It's published in last few weeks, this moment has 2700+ online players already.
- It was built only by one person, with virtually no budget at all.
- It took me almost 3 years (3 months would be enough without day job, kids or life.
- Mainly free or open source tools were used (VS2010 Express C++, Blender, Gimp,...)
- Server side is Ubuntu + NodeJS + RedisDB on cheap VPS.
- It's built with Marmalade SDK which deploys on anything really.
You can find video, more screenshots and description in store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...c.seacraftfree
Dev blog is at SeaCraft! - game development journal | Pirates! With MMO! And the whole world!
Hope you like, if you have any questions fire away!