Is Talkatone the best Google Voice app or should I use another one?

markw10

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have become a big user of Google Voice and have several phone numbers via multiple email accounts. On my iPhone I have tried several apps and found Talkatone to be among the others but there were some close competitors. Now that I have an Android tablet I have tried Talkatone. It is nice but the UI doesn't seem as nice as the iOS version. I have tried the Google Voice app but like on the iPhone it's not a strong contender. Are there any other Google Voice apps that I should look into? Thanks in advance.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Google will end support for XMPP based calling in March since Google Voice is supposed to merge with Hangouts. So GrooveIP and Talkatone will stop working. Maybe you'll be able to call using Hangouts, but Google haven't say anything about that.

More discussion here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...ce-voip-android-going-away-your-thoughts.html

Personally I use Vonage. It doesn't take incoming call unless from another Vonage app, but it have better sound quality and it use your sim card's phone number for calls.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000