We need a dark theme for YouTube. Let Google know.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't you guys want a dark theme for YouTube, let your voices be heard, tell Google. I rated YouTube 1 star until they give us a dark theme. I bet if enough people do that there would be a dark theme.

Posted via Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
dumb idea since the videos will not be dark. dark theme is nice for apps like SMS, Email, etc. where you are just dealing with text. video and picture apps? dumb.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
dumb idea since the videos will not be dark. dark theme is nice for apps like SMS, Email, etc. where you are just dealing with text. video and picture apps? dumb.

You sure stand up to your reputation Gekko. Maybe it's dumb for you, but not for me. I actually read YouTube comments more than SMS and email.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
what's the point and sense of urgency for having a dark mode for an App which is meant to show (bright) videos?

For Google, it's easy to make an optional dark theme for YouTube. For many,a dark background is just more comfortable for the eyes. With your logic, why don't widescreen videos that don't fit a screen fully have a white background at the top and bottom instead of black?

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Would a dark theme be nice? Sure.

Is the lack of one something that warrants a 1-star rating? Not even close.

That depends on how you prioritize that one thing. Ratings for independent developers is important, but for Google its nothing; people will still use it. A one star rating for YouTube just tells Google "look" and perhaps ignoring the requests. its just a means for informing.

ldoose

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
although youtube gaming is dark already, i like the original app more and completely agree with you, dark would look better, not burn your eyes, and make youtube look good to me (thats my opinion)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463