Wierd Handcent/Better Keyboard problems?

blackjoker4215

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I am having some weird problems with handcent and/or better keyboard. Problem 1: sometimes when I am typing on the portrait keyboard it closes and it won't open up for a couple of second. Anyone know of a fix? Problem 2: when using the virtual keyboard in landscape the inputted words do no show up until I close the keyboard. Problem 3: sometimes when I hit the space bar in the virtual portrait keyboard it puts in a period and changes the keyboard to symbol input. Anyone know of any fixes?

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
problem two is a handcent problem... you just have to push the back button twice to get back to the messages home and click back on the message you want to repy to and it will be fine... not a phone problem just a handcent software issue

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I never thought it was the phone's fault. I figured it was some app's fault. Anyone have anything on 1 & 3?
1>>> try to power OFF completely, power back-up and then try.
go to Settings>>> Langauge & Keyboard settings>>> check mark Android keyboard>>>Device Keyboard>>check mark ALL on that screen>>>Android Keyboard settings>>> uncheck Vibrate on keypress>>>uncheck Sound>>>check on Auto-Capitalize>>>check on Quick Fixes>>>check on Show suggestions>>>check on Auto-Complete........
try these settings and see if that cures that issue

3>>> you are holding down the "period" symbol too long. That is a feature and NOT a problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca