Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do any of these anti mosquito sonic repellants work from Google play ?

I've tried several but I'm not sure if I can even see a result. Are there any you have tried that work ?
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)

Default Re: Do any of these anti mosquito sonic repellants work from Google play ?

I'd say there's a very high chance that those apps are totally bogus, and are probably more intended to deliver ads (and who knows, possibly malware). I don't think the speakers are capable of generating ultrasonic waves.
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x 

Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Do any of these anti mosquito sonic repellants work from Google play ?

Agreed. I wouldn't bother with them; the "dog whistle" apps don't work either

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    20,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Probably a bogus app. Best way to tell is if you can maybe transmit the signal through speakers that can produce the high frequency waves.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I just go to tired of mosquitoes, so I bought the triple trap3 as its much cheaper than commercial mosquito catchers and its excellent.
    my devices: Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nokia Asha 301, Samsung star, samsung E1105T (supper dumb phone)

In a word, NO.

Posted via Android Central App