How to change "1" in speed dial to dial Google Voicemail?

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to change the preset speed dials (in particular #1) so that it dials my google voicemail access number instead of my own phone number?

Thanks.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
make sure your google voice number is in your contact list under "voicemail", then delete the voice mail speed dial one (press the cirlce with line through it) then add your google voicemail number to preset 1. You may get a window pop asking which number to pick, *86 or your google number, select your google number. Done!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Filed under unhelpful questions department:

Why would you speed dial this anyway?

You will get a notification of any voice mails, and the voice mail app is just a tap away.

You also will need to set type a pin to use the dial approach, another big annoyance.

Admittedly it might be quicker in the boondocks stuck on GPRS, but for those rare times the voicemail icon in the phone app should suffice.

I haven't dialed (or speed dialed) voice mail since I left my ancient Razr phone.

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Filed under unhelpful questions department:

Why would you speed dial this anyway?

You will get a notification of any voice mails, and the voice mail app is just a tap away.

You also will need to set type a pin to use the dial approach, another big annoyance.

Admittedly it might be quicker in the boondocks stuck on GPRS, but for those rare times the voicemail icon in the phone app should suffice.

I haven't dialed (or speed dialed) voice mail since I left my ancient Razr phone.

Why? Because personally the way Google voice broadcasts the msg through the handset is unusually low to me (volume). When I actually call the access number it sounds better if I'm in a noisy setting. Now, did you have a suggestion or just a smart remark?

Swyped from my Evo 4G

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It's sometimes useful to question the OP's motive in case the OP is assuming that there's only one way to do things (it's impossible in many threads to instantly know what the OP's knowledge level is) so don't assume that it's just a smart remark. That said, there are some ridiculous typical "Why would you?" questions when it comes to data plans and certain other topics.

I spent a day or two along a long stretch of Kentucky interstate without Verizon data coverage so that's one reason for using the voicemail speed dial instead of relying completely on the GV app.

I'm not using an EVO so this may not apply but check Settings->Call settings->Voicemail service.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Why? Because personally the way Google voice broadcasts the msg through the handset is unusually low to me (volume). When I actually call the access number it sounds better if I'm in a noisy setting. Now, did you have a suggestion or just a smart remark?

Swyped from my Evo 4G

Actually I have both:

The suggestion:
Hold it up to your ear instead of tapping the speaker phone button. Its plenty loud that way.

The Smart remark: People who come here to help you don't expect to get slapped in the face.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
On the Droid X from the dialer screen you press the menu key then speed dial setip. On the speed dial setup screen you see Voicemail listed by option 1 and there is a cirlce with aq negative sign in it, you click that and the speed dial is deleted, you can then add a new speed dial.

Not sure if the Evo allows you to do the same but it's worth a try.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
On the Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S).

Menu>Settings>Call settings>Voicemail>Voicemail service and it will let me chose between "my carrier" or "Google voice".

If I chose GV it will automatically change the "1" button to my GV mailbox

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03