Google search crashing

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the last update, it has been force closing every time I long press the search button from the home screen. If I open it from the app drawer it doesn't have any problem. If I uninstall updates then it's fine. This is on a RAZR MAXX. Anyone else?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if the problem is device specific or not. The RAZR is pretty flaky. Lots of apps routinely force close. This is the first time I've had such problems with Google search.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

xsylus

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea, my Droid 4 is doing the same thing. I also noticed last night that they changed the hotword from "ok google" to just "google" and while it was being implemented neither were working. I'm currently running an older version but it seems long-press on search is redundant since a tap opens the same thing. My issue is that I used to use long-press on search as a quick way of launching specific apps or toggles like disable/enable rotate and now everything just points to google search. I'll keep tinkering with this and if I find any sort of solution I'll share it.

Cl4rion

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. Since 5-6 days ago google search is crashing all the time when i try to use it.
I got a Nexus 5 with kitkat 4.4.4
I deleted all data and restore to factory default. It worked for couple of hours and then crashing problem came back.

Any suggestion ?
Thanks.

bubbl07

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. Since 5-6 days ago google search is crashing all the time when i try to use it.
I got a Nexus 5 with kitkat 4.4.4
I deleted all data and restore to factory default. It worked for couple of hours and then crashing problem came back.

Any suggestion ?
Thanks.
I'm having the same issue on my Nexus 5, and my wife on her Moto X (2013). Google Search keeps crashing multiple times (10-20x per day). I've cleared the cache and reset the app (clear app data) but still no luck.

This started a couple weeks ago and is killing our batteries, not to mention the annoying pop-ups.

Last edited: