- 1 Posts
need help pls -
i bought my child am android phone from a DX.com.good specs for the price , the phone is KINGWILL 5 inch. suddenly we start seeing apps/icons on home screens , which some are inappropriate. at first i thought the kid did that, but after uninstalling them, deleting icons, they kept coming back. some where just games and some were links or apps of pornographic sites. i installed AVAST and AppBrain Add detector to see which apps were installing these other apps . some of the apps on my machine are in chinese and i dont understand them, and i have a lot of icons that have the android symbol and i dont know which are necessary for the OS of the phone and which are mallware. i guess something has rooted me. pls help how to figure this out . (i have 4.2.2 android OS). PLS HELP
- 02-24-2014, 11:34 PM #2
Re: need help pls -
Welcome to Android Central! I don't think you're rooted--I think something just got a hold of your phone. It's hard to pinpoint, but it could have been malware in an app that someone installed at some point. At this point, it's probably best to do a full factory reset. Before you do, go to Settings>Backup, and uncheck "Automatic restore" if you have that option. This is to prevent apps from automatically re-installing after you do the reset, just in case one of them is malware.
Then, go to Settings>Backup, and tap "Factory data reset." This will wipe your phone, so make sure your contacts and any other important data are backed up or synced somewhere first.
- 02-24-2014, 11:40 PM #3
- By HOLLYWOODANT215 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 43Last Post: 02-26-2014, 06:26 PM
- By limpingzombi in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 02-25-2014, 05:02 PM
- By IceCold803 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 02-25-2014, 02:15 PM
- By tipu77777 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 8Last Post: 02-25-2014, 01:44 PM
- By vikingwarrior in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 0Last Post: 02-24-2014, 06:10 PM