Here is how to make yahoo mail a POP for FREE!!

heavyhitter82

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Go into your yahoo account on the computer. Then go to options and select mail options now go to account infomation and it will prompt you to log in again do this then scroll down to set language, site and time zone. Now go to regional site and language and select Yahoo! Asia now save and log out. Go back to your yahoo account and for mail options you will now see POP and forwarding as an option. Select allow your yahoo mail to be POP'ed.

Now for the phone go to email and add acount put in your username and password the for the POP3 sever box put pop.mail.yahoo.com and for port put 110 no security is needed go to next now for outgoing put smtp.mail.yahoo.com port 587 no security is needed.

Your Now done. Enjoy!! you can erase mail on the phone without loosing it on the server.

PS for some reason Rocketmail doesnt work with this
MY Phone Samsung Fasinate and its bone stock.

Let me know if you have any problems.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Why use pop? a little bit of looking around and you can IMAP it. Thing is, GMail really is a better product.

I also use Rocketmail. It and Yahoo work with the HTC mail application and I have Yahoo working with K9, though have not taken the time to try Rocketmail with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21