Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default MailDroid Asterisk *

Hello!

I am running MailDroid 3.31 on my HTC Sensation XL for more than a year without any trouble, there is only a fishy thing which has made me bring this issue up here. The thing is when I receive a new e mail/(s) beside the number of new received e mails, sometimes, again I emphasis "sometimes", an asterisk appears right next to my account name and after I click on my account name >>>> inbox >>>> where list of senders and subjects are visible, if I just revert to the account page again, where my account name is shown, I can no more see the asterisk, but only the figure which shows the number of unread e mails. Does anyone know what is this randomly appearing asterisk (*)??

This cryptic asterisk has made me wonder whether my account is running on another colleague's phone/device for example or not? Because this app was installed by a colleague on my phone at that time and I am wondering maybe he has memorized my password at that time and has started running my account on his device after a while...

Thanks,
    Lili

Default Re: MailDroid Asterisk *

The asterisk means you have new mail and has always shown up like this since the first version (almost 4 years ago). Having said all this, MD is going through a major UI overhaul now and that will change in the next version. But for the current version (latest is actually 3.32) the * is just a new mail indication.