Connectbot and Port Forwarding problem

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Here is my problem I am trying to access my work computer using port forwarding with connectbot and then Android VNC Viewer, and I can not get it to work. I am not sure if I am setting up something wrong. I have secureCRT setup on my mac with Real VNC viewer and it works great just can not get it to work with Android. I have attached a screen shot of my port forward settings from my secure CRT on my mac and also my VNC viewer . I am able to SSH into my work server and connect using connectbot. However I am not sure if I am setting up the port forwarding in Connecbot correctly. Here is what I am doing based I the way I am interpreting it.

ConnectBot

Local
Nickname: work
Source port: 5902
Destination: I have tried both (localhost:5902 and 127.0.0.1:5902)

Remote:

nickname: work
Source Port: 5900
Destination: 216.107.198.140:5900

Android VNC

name: work
IP: 127.0.0.1
Port: 5902

Any suggestions on why it does not work would be appreciated

liquid64

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my setup (Android VNC/Connectbot). I ended up using one of the other VNC clients available, and it works fine now. I'm guessing its a bug in using non-standard ports with the Android VNC client. This is the one I am using now:
Remote
He has a lite version and a paid version (which I ended up getting)

liquid64

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't have my phone handy at the moment, but under connectbot's port forwarding, you need to point to the real IP address/port on your destination network. The source port obviously needs to be whatever you use on the vnc client. (connecting to 127.0.0.1)

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't have my phone handy at the moment, but under connectbot's port forwarding, you need to point to the real IP address/port on your destination network. The source port obviously needs to be whatever you use on the vnc client. (connecting to 127.0.0.1)

All set I figured it out thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC