Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Live News

What are your recommendations to listen to live news on your phone? I have found a CNN stream in the TuneIn app that I sometimes listen to, but was wondering if there are any others.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    13,296 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Live News

Quote Originally Posted by regression View Post
    What are your recommendations to listen to live news on your phone? I have found a CNN stream in the TuneIn app that I sometimes listen to, but was wondering if there are any others.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    iHeart Radio also has live broadcasts of local radio networks, perhaps your local radio news station is available: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dio.controller

Aside from live news talk, I have a news feed that I check periodically throughout the day to catch up with what's going on in the world. For this, I use Feedly.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    iHeart Radio also has live broadcasts of local radio networks, perhaps your local radio news station is available: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dio.controller

Aside from live news talk, I have a news feed that I check periodically throughout the day to catch up with what's going on in the world. For this, I use Feedly.

Thanks, I will check that out. I don't know of any specific news stations here where I live. I was wanting this more for when I am driving between cities, so reading Feedly is out ;-)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I found something that isn't exactly what I want, but might fit my need. It is Newsbeat. You can pick what news sources you want and what things you are interested in hearing about. Then it will read the stories to you.
    msndrstood likes this.