Go launcher transfer settings

Gary Howe

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I know you can do a backup of go launcher under 'backup and restore' to restore settings and preferences on a device you're currently using. But what about saving all those settings to be restored onto another new device? Is it possible? Thanks very much

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I know you can do a backup of go launcher under 'backup and restore' to restore settings and preferences on a device you're currently using. But what about saving all those settings to be restored onto another new device? Is it possible? Thanks very much
Take a look through your sd card (internel and external) and see if there is a Go Launcher folder. If so, then that's the folder you need to transfer over to the other device and it should allow you to restore your settings. Otherwise, you can also use a backup solution such as Helium - Google Play Store or any of the other rooted options, such as Titanium Backup and My Backup Pro.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Gary Howe

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Take a look through your sd card (internel and external) and see if there is a Go Launcher folder. If so, then that's the folder you need to transfer over to the other device and it should allow you to restore your settings. Otherwise, you can also use a backup solution such as Helium - Google Play Store or any of the other rooted options, such as Titanium Backup and My Backup Pro.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you very much indeed. Just what I needed. I'm not sure what advantage those back up apps have over the HTC cloud backup is though. I've also yet to find any backup program that actually backs up the whole phone. I always just get my google apps installed from the google play cloud but all the phone settings preferences and stuff that takes hours to get right is just ignored in any backup. Thanks again though.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much indeed. Just what I needed. I'm not sure what advantage those back up apps have over the HTC cloud backup is though. I've also yet to find any backup program that actually backs up the whole phone. I always just get my google apps installed from the google play cloud but all the phone settings preferences and stuff that takes hours to get right is just ignored in any backup. Thanks again though.
No problem, glad to help.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Camille Anderson

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey...if u ever get an LG device then want to transfer data to another LG device...there is an LG backup software that u can access from the settings. It took about 20 minites to backup my data and it places an 4GB file on my external sd. Then I put the external sd into my new lg and restored the data using the same software from the menu on the new device and it always works no matter what the other model is. It restore any and all apps that you were using right along with its data so lets say u had a game that doesnt offer cloud service...u can pick up where u left off. It also restores all settings and walpapers or ringtone settings or anything.

Hope this helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui