Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Go launcher transfer settings

Hi. I know you can do a backup of go launcher under 'backup and restore' to restore settings and preferences on a device you're currently using. But what about saving all those settings to be restored onto another new device? Is it possible? Thanks very much

Global Posts
    10,656 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Go launcher transfer settings

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Howe View Post
    Hi. I know you can do a backup of go launcher under 'backup and restore' to restore settings and preferences on a device you're currently using. But what about saving all those settings to be restored onto another new device? Is it possible? Thanks very much
    Take a look through your sd card (internel and external) and see if there is a Go Launcher folder. If so, then that's the folder you need to transfer over to the other device and it should allow you to restore your settings. Otherwise, you can also use a backup solution such as Helium - Google Play Store or any of the other rooted options, such as Titanium Backup and My Backup Pro.

Let us know if you have additional questions.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Take a look through your sd card (internel and external) and see if there is a Go Launcher folder. If so, then that's the folder you need to transfer over to the other device and it should allow you to restore your settings. Otherwise, you can also use a backup solution such as Helium - Google Play Store or any of the other rooted options, such as Titanium Backup and My Backup Pro.

Let us know if you have additional questions.
    Thank you very much indeed. Just what I needed. I'm not sure what advantage those back up apps have over the HTC cloud backup is though. I've also yet to find any backup program that actually backs up the whole phone. I always just get my google apps installed from the google play cloud but all the phone settings preferences and stuff that takes hours to get right is just ignored in any backup. Thanks again though.

Global Posts
    10,656 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Howe View Post
    Thank you very much indeed. Just what I needed. I'm not sure what advantage those back up apps have over the HTC cloud backup is though. I've also yet to find any backup program that actually backs up the whole phone. I always just get my google apps installed from the google play cloud but all the phone settings preferences and stuff that takes hours to get right is just ignored in any backup. Thanks again though.
    No problem, glad to help.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app