- 5 Posts
How to change my Androids physical phone number to my Google Voice number?
I have been looking all over for something about this and can't find anything. What I'm trying to do is take my disconnected Android device and change the physical phone number to my Google Voice number so it will pick up texts and what not. I need to do this because my phone will not install Google Voice...probably because it's rooted and my custom ROM is not compatible.
My other problem is: I tried Whatsapp and they need a phone number to send you a text to confirm the phone...WELL when my phone got deactivated by my carrier (Cricket), they take your number away and change it to a number that's not even a real number with area code 555...which doesn't exist. Kind of in a jam here..
All I want to be able to do is send text messages through wifi without a phone data plan/activation. If there is an app out there that doesn't require a phone number to use and the receiver of my text messages do not need the same app to communicate, that would be great! Here's to wishful thinking lol.
Any help would be much appreciated Thanks
- By CarrierPigeon in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 21Last Post: 04-18-2014, 11:34 PM
- By Evilguppy in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 04-07-2014, 08:58 AM
- By CarrierPigeon in forum Android GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 04-07-2014, 12:07 AM
- By bremurphy52 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 04-06-2014, 10:43 PM
- By robotmac in forum Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3Replies: 0Last Post: 04-06-2014, 09:34 PM