Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By elykoj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default movies from iphone transferred over and in File Manager, can i move???

when i transferred all my old videos of my kids from iphone to my HTC One M8, i downloaded File Manager and i can see the video folder there and play them from there but how do i move them into my Gallery where all the videos i take with my new Android are sitting???? i would like all old and current videos in one place.. HELP???

Default Re: movies from iphone transferred over and in File Manager, can i move???

Videos in any location on your device should show up in the Gallery app, after the system's Media Scanner has detected them. You're not seeing them?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: movies from iphone transferred over and in File Manager, can i move???

only the videos i took with the phone itself. the videos i tranferred over i can only see and play from the file manager in the movies folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Videos in any location on your device should show up in the Gallery app, after the system's Media Scanner has detected them. You're not seeing them?

Try using the file manager app to move one of those videos to the /DCIM/Camera folder, then see if it shows up.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Can you assist and walk me through that? Not that savvy with the app.. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by b. Diddy View Post
    try using the file manager app to move one of those videos to the /dcim/camera folder, then see if it shows up.

Which file manager app did you install? You only described it as "File Manager." There are a lot of them available on Google Play, including ES File Explorer, Astro File Manager, and Total Commander, among others.

To move a file, just use the file manager app to find the file you want to move, select it and select the move option, then select the target directory as the /DCIM/Camera folder.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

File Manager explorer
    Which file manager app did you install? You only described it as "File Manager." There are a lot of them available on Google Play, including ES File Explorer, Astro File Manager, and Total Commander, among others.

To move a file, just use the file manager app to find the file you want to move, select it and select the move option, then select the target directory as the /DCIM/Camera folder.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

i see the folder "movies".. if i click on it it shows the 14 videos i transferred to this phone. if i long press some of options that pop up are open,copy,move... if i click on move, then what? i go into the dcim folder and long press but get same options??? if i hit move nothing happens

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

yes i believe so

Ok, I tested it out on my phone. Long press the file you want to copy or move, and select that option. You should then see a "Paste" option appear on the top row of icons. Navigate to the folder you want to copy or move the file to, and then tap Paste.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

NO LUCK?? I did this, moved to DCIM FOLDER into 100MEDIA that my other 4 videos are in that i took with the phone itself, but when i open up my gallery those new videos are not there to see???
    Ok, I tested it out on my phone. Long press the file you want to copy or move, and select that option. You should then see a "Paste" option appear on the top row of icons. Navigate to the folder you want to copy or move the file to, and then tap Paste.

Try clearing the data from the Gallery app. Go to Settings/Apps/All, select Gallery, and tap Clear Data. This will clear the database, and force Gallery to repopulate. Maybe it will recognize the videos then.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I wont lose existing photos will i if i do that??
    try clearing the data from the gallery app. Go to settings/apps/all, select gallery, and tap clear data. This will clear the database, and force gallery to repopulate. Maybe it will recognize the videos then.

Posted via android central app.

No, the photos themselves are separate files. Clearing the data only clears the Gallery database, which will then repopulate when you open it again.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Did this.... No luck still dont show in gallery???
    no, the photos themselves are separate files. Clearing the data only clears the gallery database, which will then repopulate when you open it again.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Can anyone help with this? driving me crazy
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

ANYONE?

What format are the old videos in? Are they .mov? I can't remember if the Apple format is natively compatible. You could try using a video converter and converting the old iPhone videos into mp4.

Thanked by:
    elykoj 
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

That must be it... They are in .mov format.. Should i go to app store and download an app converter?
    what format are the old videos in? Are they .mov? I can't remember if the apple format is natively compatible. You could try using a video converter and converting the old iphone videos into mp4.

You could do that, or install a converter program on your computer like Freemake Video Converter.

http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

Thanked by:
    elykoj 
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

that was the issue!!! i downloaded an app and converted them to .mp4 and they now show up.. thanks for the help..
    You could do that, or install a converter program on your computer like Freemake Video Converter.

Free Video Converter | MP3 MP4 AVI 3GP MKV DVD | FREE Download

B. Diddy likes this.