Question on Gmail/Google Calendars for newbie

Hoystory1

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm a recent convert from the Palm Pre, to the EVO and there's one thing that's frustrating me. Here's the situation.

I have a personal G-mail Account.

I also have 2 other business e-mail accounts that run through Google's business e-mail hosting system.

For some reason with the Gmail App I can only have one account there. I've read about people having problems with 2nd and 3rd gmail accounts not syncing on the EVO, but I can't even manage to add them. Am I doing it wrong, or is Gmail actually worse on the AndroidOS than it is on webOS?

Second, all of my calendars sync -- with one minor problem. The calendar from my business accounts sync, but it won't show the details of the appointment -- it just shows as "busy". I don't want to make these calendars public and searchable, but is there any way to be able to see/edit the details of these calendars that I'm just not getting?

Any help is appreciated.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Go into gmail app. Look at the message list. Tap menu, Accounts, and tap the monster big ADD Account button at the bottom of the screen.

What calandar app are you using? How well this works depends a lot on which app you use. The stock Nexus One app sucks if you ask me.

Hoystory1

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
That worked for the Gmail. I'd tried that twice before and it didn't seem to take. Odd.

I'm using the stock calendar app that comes with the EVO. It's possible that adding the calendar sync within the Gmail App might solve this problem too.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
You can share your calendars with specific people. You don't have to make them public.

So if you share between one google account and another you should be able to see and (optionally) update it from either account.

Look in settings / Accounts and Sync to make sure the calendars you want are being synced. Watch out when you ADD an item that you select the correct calendar.

I don't have access to an Evo, so I can only give generic hints.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463