| || |
Tasker - help troubleshooting a profile
I'm pretty new to tasker. I've read the basic pocketables beginner's guide and watched some videos, and have gotten a few basic tasks to work, but this one has me stumped.
I'm on a Galaxy Note II (SGH-T889) on T-Mobile, unrooted, v4.3. I don't think it's related, but I am using Nova Launcher.
I've set up a profile to run several actions when I dismiss my alarm in the morning. I'm using Gentle Alarm for the alarm app, and Trigger as an NFC tag-scanning app. Here's how I set it up:
Event titled Weekday Wakeup -> 3rd Party -> Gentle Alarm -> Event = alarm dismissed
Task triggered, "Good Morning Task":
1. Display -> Display Brightness to 100
2. Scene -> Show Scene -> Morning Field Scene
3. Audio -> Media Volume to 5
4. Misc -> Say -> Good Morning! It's %TIME on %DAYW, %DATE.
5. Task -> Wait -> 1.520 seconds
6. Misc -> Say -> Today is a new day.
7. Task -> Wait -> 5 seconds
8. Misc -> Say -> Get up, you lazy ***, or there will be consequences.
9. Task -> Wait -> 5 seconds
10. Misc -> Say -> This is your final warning.
11. Task -> Wait -> 5 seconds
12. Audio -> Media Volume 10
13. Misc -> Say -> Five... Four... Three... Two... One...
14. Task -> Perform Task -> "Annoyance"
1. Media -> Play Ringtone -> Sound "Ticktac alarm"
Task "Disable Annoyance" :
1. Task -> Stop -> "Good Morning Task"
2. Task -> Stop -> "Annoyance"
In Trigger, I set up an NFC tag scan to run the "Disable Annoyance" task.
The problem is, the Weekday Wakeup profile isn't triggered when I dismiss my alarm through Gentle Alarm. I have Tasker running and enabled (Tasker icon is in Notifications bar, and in the Tasker app the icon in the upper-right is colored, not gray - see screenshots here), and I have the Weekday Wakeup profile turned on (shows as "on" in the Tasker app). I have set my phone to allow Tasker to have Device Administrator privileges. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Gentle Alarm and Tasker, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I'm running the legitimate pro/upgraded versions of both Gentle Alarm and Tasker.
I can get the Weekday Wakeup profile to run fine using the play button in edit mode. I played around with setting up other tasks that are triggered by various sorts of Third Party -> Gentle Alarm cues, and none of them seem to work, either. So maybe the problem is getting Tasker to recognize Gentle Alarm actions in general?
Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for your help!