best video downloading app w/playlist feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackscudder87

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
What's the best app for downloading videos, youtube etc. that also has a playlist feature? I need an app that will work for my no-service Galaxy S3 so that I'll be able to download videos when I connect to wifi and listen to them when I have no connection. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
What's the best app for downloading videos, youtube etc. that also has a playlist feature? I need an app that will work for my no-service Galaxy S3 so that I'll be able to download videos when I connect to wifi and listen to them when I have no connection. Thank you.

According to the Terms & Conditions of Youtube, you are not allowed to download videos from their website.

Terms of Service - YouTube

"You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate."

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Im not violating any forum rules by asking this am I?

Technically, yes. From the MoNa Community Guidelines:

Keep it Legal - Moderators and admins reserve the right to close threads and ban members that post copyrighted and/or illegal materials. These kinds of activities can get us into trouble, and nobody wants that... so just don't do it. If you have questions on this, ask a moderator.

Supporting or encouraging the use of services that allow content downloading from YouTube does violate copyright law in the U.S., though it's by no means a black-and-white issue. YouTube sent out letters threatening legal action against some of the common 'conversion' sites in 2012, for what that's worth.

I'd recommend searching the Play Store if you're looking for an app. If you look at third-party apps from unofficial sources, be careful. Somewhere between one in ten and one in three apps on third-party app stores are likely malware of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1