Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flashlight by Joe. No ads. No stolen data. Open source. Free. :)

Hi everyone! I've been messing around with Android programming and built my first app.

I read the news about Brightest Flashlight stealing user's data, and decided to build my own flashlight. No ads. No stolen data. Open source. Free.

Google Play link to download Flashlight by Joe:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lashlightbyjoe

Source code for Flashlight by Joe will always be available at my jbutewicz github:
    https://github.com/jbutewicz/Flashlight-by-Joe

There are a lot of devices to support so if you do happen to download it and it doesn't work then let me know so that I can get it working for you!

I'm looking forward to hanging out here.

@jbutewicz
    Last edited by jbutewicz; 05-05-2014 at 11:20 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Flashlight by Joe. No ads. No stolen data. Open source. Free. :)

I've been getting some downloads recently, so if it was anyone here, thank you very much.

Definitely let me know how it works and if there is anything that I can improve on.
    Flashlight by Joe. No ads. No stolen data. Open source. Free.
    Check out my apps by searching jbutewicz in the Google Play Store.

Hi Joe,

I saw your previous posts asking why flashlight apps needed network access, so I figured I could trust you

Unfortunately, your app doesn't work on my decrepit old RAZR Maxx. Normally I wouldn't post something critical, but you were asking for feedback. I understand if you don't have the time to develop something for my old phone, but let me know if you do find a solution thanks.

John

Good job, but why you post source code? It's flashlight, not very interesting app with intersting source code