- 12 Posts
Sound problem with navfree
Been using navfree for cpl months now. Suddenly there's no sound as in voice directions. I've checked & double checked the settings all good there. I've turned phone on & off no use anyone know what might have happened cheers
Posted via Android Central App
- 05-13-2014, 09:58 PM #2
- 185 Posts
Re: Sound problem with navfree
I noticed there have been a few updates lately.
I have Navfree 2.3.66 which is the latest. The voice selected is "US English - Alyson". I have Samsung S4 running 4.3
I tried it out today on a 5 minute round trip. It didn't call the first turn for some reason, but then did fine on every turn after that.
You might try:
1 - make sure you have some voices installed. Maybe try a different voice.
1A - In android settings, double check volumes. Although iirc, navfree uses the alarm audio stream which can't be accessed in settings but can be accessed in tasker. Do your alarms work ok?
2 - Try clearing the cache on the Navfree app in program manager.
3 - try uninstalling and reinstalling (I know it's a pain but if something is screwed up, what else are you gonna do?)
- By jokerdud in forum Android Security Apps, Tips & StrategiesReplies: 4Last Post: 08-03-2014, 12:17 AM
- By jam3s121 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 13Last Post: 05-15-2014, 07:47 AM
- By FreakySheikh in forum Roger's Galaxy S IIReplies: 0Last Post: 05-11-2014, 03:56 AM
- By Jonj1611 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 0Last Post: 05-11-2014, 03:38 AM
- By kps4 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 1Last Post: 05-11-2014, 12:31 AM