How: Mute sound from specific app
I use 2 apps simultaneously that make sound (a game & a music/audiobook app). Is there any way to mute one app if it doesn't have a mute function of its own? Or set separate volume levels (make one quieter than the other)?
If I mute media channel, or change the volume, it affects both apps.
So to summarize, if two apps are using the same channel, how can I control them separately?
Any apps that do this?
Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4
- 05-18-2014, 08:26 PM #2
- 153 Posts
Re: How: Mute sound from specific app
A non-root app can adjust global settings. But you don't need to adjust global settings globally, just for one app.
A non-root app cannot tinker with another app.
So you need a root app.
One option that might work:
[MOD][XPOSED][4.0+]App Settings v1.9 (2014-05-14) - xda-developers
Requires that you first be rooted and then install Xposed framework before installing this module.
- By Benjamin_NYC in forum T-MobileReplies: 17Last Post: 05-29-2014, 10:39 AM
- By parkerd97 in forum HTC OneReplies: 4Last Post: 05-26-2014, 10:55 PM
- By ShaggyKids in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 10Last Post: 05-21-2014, 02:26 AM
- By dpham00 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 05-19-2014, 11:30 AM
- By pdarrah in forum Droid RAZR MReplies: 13Last Post: 05-18-2014, 05:24 PM