View Poll Results: Best file manager?
- 40. You may not vote on this poll
Speed Software Explorer (???)
CRKO Commander (http://crko.net)
Dual File Manager (http://www.medieval.it/)
Adao File manager (???)
File Magic (http://filemagic.dinglisch.net)
Other (please comment!)
Best file manager?
There are a great many file managers available for android, and new ones appear frequently. For instance, a real innovative one (with drag-and-drop, continuous zoom in all view, advanced multi-touch support and much more unique features) is ScaliCommander
If you have tried some file managers, which do you like most and why?
- 10-08-2010, 08:52 AM #2
- 10-08-2010, 10:08 AM #3
- 10-08-2010, 10:17 AM #4
- 13 Posts
i like estrong, but i have yet to find one that would allow me to "copy all" or "move all" to another directory - more specifically, - moving ringtones from the sdcard to \system\media\ringtone
I realize that both astro & estrong offer this ability, just have not been able to get it to work
which one have you found that does this simply
But writing to \system\media\ringtone might not work because of missing permission from the Android-system. You have to "root" your phone for that.
- 10-08-2010, 11:01 AM #6
- 10-08-2010, 11:22 AM #7
- 10-09-2010, 02:02 AM #8
- 10-09-2010, 07:56 AM #9
Estrong all the way.
Here is why:
- The ability to scan your wifi (without entering tons of configurations) for networked PCs and log into these PCs to move files from/to your Android device is priceless
- They have a Root explorer option (still in beta)
- Dev is super fast in responding (Dropbox issue got fixed in a day)
- Looks a lot better than the rest (IMHO)
- Maps your SD card to see what folder takes how much space
- Bookmark any file and place it on the homescreen
- FTP server access
- Bluetooth file transfer
- and tons of little "standard" features (batch operations, zip/unzip, etc...)
News about ScaliCommander
the website is now updated with a description of the new features of the brand-new version 1.2.3 and a better summary of the
most noteworthy features of ScaliCommander:
- drag-and-drop with multi-select for file-operations, playlist-editing
- continuous zoom in list- and gallery-view
- adjustment of all colors and sized with real-time apply
- unrivaled search with browse, sort, copy results while finding
- unique multi-touch support for pane-layout, color-selection
- solid file-management, e.g. move, copy, zip/unzip large/many files with detailed dialogs, abort operations at any time
Try out the ad-free, usable trial!
new version of ScaliCommander
iTunes-like audio playback for folders and playlists, seek without screech, full featured music player in the next version very soon now!
already usable as folder-based music player (also the free trial version!), edit playlists with drag-and-drop, multi-select while playing - see the website for instructions!
- 12-11-2010, 10:00 AM #12
new version of ScaliCommander
Highly improved new version with iTunes-like music-player functionality
- full support for the android music-library: edit playlists with drag-and-drop, sort songs by name/album/artist/year, browse albums in "Cover Flow"
- integration of music library and file system: drag songs from folder to library-playlist, open songs from library in file system...
- options to select what details to show: icons, extensions, size, permissions, time modified (also as "ago")
- improved drag-and-drop
- many fixes and improvements
- 12-28-2010, 06:08 PM #14
- 12-28-2010, 06:33 PM #15
- 12-28-2010, 07:13 PM #16
- 12-28-2010, 11:30 PM #17