I think i speak for a lot of poeple....

stefanl

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
As far as a home replacement, this is what I, and a lot of other people want. Not one or two of these things, but ALL:

1. More than 3 screens
2. The ability to select which screen you want as the "home"
3. A dedicated and customizable dock (close to what aHome offers, but without the weird widget launcher and drawer launcher icon)
4. And EVERYTHING else remain stock 2.0. It's too beautiful to mess up.

Please developers take note....we will pay! or should i not say that

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
1. DXtop, Panda, Open, and Home++ support that
2. Can't you do that on your own???
3. Haven't used ahome but DXtop and Panda have customizable docks, so again???
4. Download Android 2.0 icon pack and viola

Trust me, with Android, ANYTHING is possible. Just gotta spend the time to make it happen.

stefanl

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
2. how can you do that on your own?

i mean being able to set any screen as the main screen. As in, when you boot up the phone, it goes to that screen automatically. Ya know?

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree with op. I use dxtop and its nice. But... main reasons are that home will rotate to landscape without physical keyboard, the app doc at bottom, and the enhanced menus when holding on an icon and dropping it. Yes I I also like the ability to categorize the app tab and the different views.

All that said, it would be slicker if these options were avail built in. Especially landscape rotation and app dock. Dxtop is nice, but stock home is faster, not as prone to bugs and I prefer the animations on stock for switching to and from apps /windows.

These features plus built in multitouch in browser and gallery, to me would really take it to the next level wihout having to use replacement Apps to get the job done.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
there's an option that says default screen

it's in the screen preferences

i'm assuming that's what it does, as i never change it

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
mine has the other option, and that is what it does, i just tried it.

try updating the home++ app, maybe you're using an older version of it

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
As far as a home replacement, this is what I, and a lot of other people want. Not one or two of these things, but ALL:

1. More than 3 screens Available, from multiple apps
2. The ability to select which screen you want as the "home" Is it really that hard to swipe once if it's not on your favorite one? Also available in multiple apps
3. A dedicated and customizable dock (close to what aHome offers, but without the weird widget launcher and drawer launcher icon) Like the one in DXTop?
4. And EVERYTHING else remain stock 2.0. It's too beautiful to mess up.

Please developers take note....we will pay! or should i not say that

I don't think you speak for as many people as you think...there are plenty of options to accomplish what you want that are available now. Play around with them, and you'll be surprised I think.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Why are you guys ripping the OP? He is right and many of you use home replacements that include some of these features. Yet, I doubt anyone has all of them.

DX Top may have multiple dock but what if the OP doesnt like the 4 home screens. What If I like panda with the drawer like docks and many screens but want the screens to loop and a consistent viewable bottom doc with user defined icons?.

He is trying to help developers build an ultimate home replacement, and is on the right track.

I would want:
-User defined home screen, number of screens and a doc that stays the same in any screen.
-the screens to loop (Home++) such as when I get to screen 5, scrolling left brings me back to 4 and scrolling right brings me to screen 1.
-the slide out drawers are nice in panda
-The scrolling bottom doc in Home++ with shortcuts in the date and time are genious
-At the very least be able to access the phone in any screen (can be accomplished with the doc)

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Why are you guys ripping the OP? He is right and many of you use home replacements that include some of these features. Yet, I doubt anyone has all of them.

DX Top may have multiple dock but what if the OP doesnt like the 4 home screens. What If I like panda with the drawer like docks and many screens but want the screens to loop and a consistent viewable bottom doc with user defined icons?.

He is trying to help developers build an ultimate home replacement, and is on the right track.

I would want:
-User defined home screen, number of screens and a doc that stays the same in any screen.
-the screens to loop (Home++) such as when I get to screen 5, scrolling left brings me back to 4 and scrolling right brings me to screen 1.
-the slide out drawers are nice in panda
-The scrolling bottom doc in Home++ with shortcuts in the date and time are genious
-At the very least be able to access the phone in any screen (can be accomplished with the doc)

Whoa, slow down...

I think I can speak for everyone here when I say wew weren't ripping the op. This isn't CB where we say you're stupid or a newb or use the search. Almost everyone that replied supplied a solution to her problems. Isn't that what AC is for. If the op felt like I was ripping them then let me be the first to apologize. That was not my intent. I was simply trying to help them accomplish something they wanted.

R

Roy Aguilera

Guys you are missing the point, GDE is the best.
LOL.:D
You can do most of those requests with GDE. I'm just waiting on the screen shot feature and a dedicated dock like dxTop and I will be set.

korp#IM

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I love the dock because I can put things like my phone and browser on there. I don't like Panda's side docks with the little arrows .... dxTop has the right idea with it unfortunately it does run slower than Panda (only two I have used). I guess scrolling just left and right wouldn't be terrible if I had that dock but I like multiple directions.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if dx top can speed their app up, and redraw widgets as fast as everyone else, it would probably be the best in my book.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Whoa, slow down...

I think I can speak for everyone here when I say wew weren't ripping the op. This isn't CB where we say you're stupid or a newb or use the search. Almost everyone that replied supplied a solution to her problems. Isn't that what AC is for. If the op felt like I was ripping them then let me be the first to apologize. That was not my intent. I was simply trying to help them accomplish something they wanted.

Haha, I did come over here from a storm. Sorry if I was jumpy, I just liked the OPs idea, maybe the home developers will take advice from here.

I do agree that a constant viewable doc might be better then panda's drawer type doc's. However they are nice to have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK