- 237 Posts
So I have deselected the use Viber as SMS option in settings but I will still get pop ups when another Viber user text messages me even if I use stock Android messaging to send the original text. My mom lives out of the country and this is how we talk so I'd really rather not have to delete it.
- 05-23-2014, 12:39 PM #2
- 05-23-2014, 12:40 PM #3
Re: Viber SMS
You are aware that texting (SMS) and MMS messages are always sent via mobile networks even if you're connected to the internet via WiFi and are consequently by far the slowest and most expensive way to communicate? And that IM (Instant Messaging, like Viber, Tango, LINE, Kik, etc.) which is via the internet is free of charge?
Of course for IM both the sending and receiving device need to have the appropriate app installed.
- 05-26-2014, 09:32 AM #4
Re: Viber SMS
First of all, please make sure that you are using the latest version of Viber. You can get the latest version here:https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ber.voip&hl=en
Additionally, please double check that the Free reply with Viber option is, in fact, disabled.
If your Viber is up to date and the option is disabled, we will need to gather more information from you in order to figure out what's going on. Please open a support ticket at this link: Viber | Open a Ticket
- By RayTim in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 8Last Post: 06-28-2014, 06:05 PM
- By malibumike in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 15Last Post: 06-14-2014, 02:45 PM
- By Dawid Rozmiarek in forum Sony Xperia ZReplies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2014, 10:37 AM
- By gmango in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 05-17-2014, 02:08 PM
- By rockrchic923 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 05-16-2014, 11:46 PM