Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for email app with ....

I have a couple of issues with the Android Mail app. First, I use accounts that can go either way, IMAP or POP3. On my PC I have them set as IMAP. I tried that on my phone but all the junk came through to my phone. Getting rid of it manually is a chore but it's not really a problem. SpamAssassin on my server marks most of it as junk then Thunderbird on my PC deletes it according to the rules I've set (e.g. sender not in my addressbook). I'd like to find an email client for my phone that does this but like I said it's not a really big problem.

The big problem is that since both phone & PC are set as IMAP messages I delete from my phone are deleted from my PC, too. That can be a problem because there's a lot of stuff I get by email that I only handle on my PC. I wanted to be able to delete these messages from my phone without deleting them from the server.

To solve this I set my phone's account to POP3, leaving messages on the server. That solved the deletion problem but now the junk issue is an actual problem-all messages are 'read' by my phone and my Thunderbird filter only works automatically on unread messages.

Is there an email client for Android that will let me work with an IMAP account 'deleting' messages from the client but not from the server? That's what I really need, I think. Thanks.

Default Re: Looking for email app with ....

mailbe.at does this, you can either delete the mail only on your phone or on phone and server. You can also set a default behaviour.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Looking for email app with ....

Thanks. I'll give it a try.