Full view vs mobile view?

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
It's unfortunate it takes so long to 'load' the first time but I have to say I enjoy the interface. I much prefer the window management than on the default browser.

My big issues right now is that I can't find a way to tell it to identify itself as a non-mobile device so that it loads the view web page instead of the mobile view. If I go to cnn.com, I always get the mobile version. I understand I can just click the link (if provided) at the bottom to go to the full version but I shouldn't have to.

So...how do I force firefox to always go to the full version of websites?

TMAC74#AC

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to post this same thing.. I love Firefox on the desktop and have been a user since it was called Firebird.. However, the user agent issue is a big one for me. There a lot of mobile optimized sites now (espn, cnn, bank of america, etc) and most of them don't identify Fennec/Firefox Mobile correctly, so they serve up the full site. As much as I realize that there are ways to trick sites into redirecting to the mobile site, this will have to be fixed if you want broad adoption of Firefox.

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I give up. I opened firefox on my Dinc, searched the add ons for Phone and nothing came up. So I click the button to go to browse all add ons. It attempts to navigate to a page that never loaded...didn't even seem to try. I know this is a beta but I'm just touching the very outside of the product and can't use it productively.

That, along with the fact I have to wait several seconds for the application to load and I'm done. It'sunusable for me if I can only view the mobile pages.

Uninstalling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair