Alternate Kitkat SMS app for blocking spam?

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Lately, I've been getting way too many of these 'Congratulations, you have won a cruise!' texts waking me up in the morning, so I'm hunting for a solution. Appears that the default Kitkat text messaging app (Moto X) doesn't allow for blocking text messages, and worse yet, apps like Mr Number can't block text messages in Kitkat either:

Why aren't text messages being blocked? : Mr.Number

So I'm looking for an alternative SMS app that can block texts? Specifically, an app that will block any text messages that contain URLs from people NOT on my contacts list. I think that would probably take care of the problem.

Any recommendations?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Lately, I've been getting way too many of these 'Congratulations, you have won a cruise!' texts waking me up in the morning, so I'm hunting for a solution. Appears that the default Kitkat text messaging app (Moto X) doesn't allow for blocking text messages, and worse yet, apps like Mr Number can't block text messages in Kitkat either:

Why aren't text messages being blocked? : Mr.Number

So I'm looking for an alternative SMS app that can block texts? Specifically, an app that will block any text messages that contain URLs from people NOT on my contacts list. I think that would probably take care of the problem.

Any recommendations?

Have you tried calling your carrier? They can probably block most if not all those for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance