Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What is name of app that shows # of running apps in a little circle ?

Hello here on the Forum. I just joined & this is my first post !

My phone recently crashed (Note 3 ) & I had to get a replacement.
    Somehow my Kies backup didn't work properly & I had to manually reload most of my apps.
    I had one app that I really liked. It was very simplistic and easy to use.

I wondered if anyone might have this app & inform me as to its name?

It was on my home screen and had a little circle that displayed inside the circle the # of apps running.
    By touching the app, you could stop the number of apps displayed from running.

I have the Battery Doctor app, but I liked other one I can't remember, better.
    Thanks for any help in advance !

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: What is name of app that shows # of running apps in a little circle ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Ferko View Post
    Hello here on the Forum. I just joined & this is my first post !

My phone recently crashed (Note 3 ) & I had to get a replacement.
    Somehow my Kies backup didn't work properly & I had to manually reload most of my apps.
    I had one app that I really liked. It was very simplistic and easy to use.

I wondered if anyone might have this app & inform me as to its name?

It was on my home screen and had a little circle that displayed inside the circle the # of apps running.
    By touching the app, you could stop the number of apps displayed from running.

I have the Battery Doctor app, but I liked other one I can't remember, better.
    Thanks for any help in advance !
    Hello, welcome to Android Central.

If you installed that app via the play store, you can swipe to the right and select "My apps" and then the tab that says "All".

You can see a list of apps you have previously installed. Can you find it there?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Global Posts
    528 Global Posts

Default Re: What is name of app that shows # of running apps in a little circle ?

Active Apps Manager. Long pressing the home button then closing the apps actually works better than the Active Apps Manager a lot of times. But for the AAM, long press on empty part of screen then select widgets. Should be right there.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    528 Global Posts

Is this the one?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks. I checked. Not there. Somehow I think it got installed as a secondary app when I downloaded something & it popped up and I then installed it. Then it didn't get backed up before the phone went bad. My bad.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Awesome ! That's it ! Thanks a Million ! You guys on this forum are GREAT ! ! !
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky1 View Post
    Active Apps Manager. Long pressing the home button then closing the apps actually works better than the Active Apps Manager a lot of times. But for the AAM, long press on empty part of screen then select widgets. Should be right there.
    Nice!
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!