- 19 Posts
can't backup to sd card after KitKat
I've used App Backup & Restore on my Droid RAZR MAXX HD for some time, but following recent upgrade to Android 4.4.2 the app will no longer allow backups to my SD card. It gives a warning message that there is no removable storage mounted. I've tried contacting the developer with no response. I've also tried a couple of other apps that claim to have the ability to backup to the SD card but I run into the same problem with those and have not received responses from their developers, either. It appears that this capability has been killed in KitKat even though several developers still claim (falsely?) that their apps will backup to the SD card.
Am I correct in this assumption? Is this problem only applicable to the RAZR MAXX HD? Or, are there any apps out there that will allow backup to SD card after KitKat? Why do developers claim this capability when they can't deliver, and then are unresponsive to questions?
- 06-12-2014, 09:00 PM #2
- 07-30-2014, 10:48 PM #3
- 28 Posts
Re: can't backup to sd card after KitKat
Have any been fixed?
Doggcatcher took only days to fix to write to SD card.
MyBackup Pro still claims it is impossible and refuses to fix!
I don't have enough space on my internal Mem for backups. I have 4 sets on my SD card and plenty of room....
Please let me know who can back up to my SD card so I can give them money!
- By Stephan Blake in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 04-06-2016, 03:16 PM
- By gerryp123 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 06-23-2014, 03:29 PM
- By CannedBullets in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 06-17-2014, 01:47 PM
- By jleebiker in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 10Last Post: 06-16-2014, 12:18 PM
- By Antmf in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 06-12-2014, 05:06 PM