Question about the android photo app

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Some time ago, the android photo app lost the ability to upload to Google+. The button to upload disappeared. Am I missing something or did Google do this to encourage auto backup? I don't want to use auto backup because there's only a few photos I want to upload to Google+. Would it better to use drive at this point?

-Jason

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What phone are you using, and which photo app are you referring to? The stock "Gallery" app, or the Google+ related "Photos" app? Can you show us a screenshot of what you see when you try to upload something?

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I am using the actual "photos" app. It happens on both my droid ultra and nexus 10. Here is a screen shot.....
ana6emad.jpg

Before when I selected the photos like that there would be a button to upload to Google+ and I could pick a folder to put it in or create a new one.

And to further elaborate, this is what I get when I hit the share button...
u7y5yran.jpg

-Jason

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So what happens when you tap the Google+ button there?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Jab73180

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't explain it good enough. I want to post it to folders in Google+. If I use the Google+ button above, it makes it a public post on my Google+ page.

-Jason

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How about the Picasa selection? Where does that post to? Since Picasa is essentially the same as Google+ Photos, that might be what you're looking for.