Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default IMXANDROID: Android OS for i.MX Applications Processors Favorite

Freescale fully supports the Android™ operating system through board support packages for the i.MX range of application processors and featured tools such as SABRE for tablets.

Freescale’s highly optimized BSPs, codecs and middleware shorten product development time to market while maximizing the capabilities of the i.MX series feature sets.

Using a layered approach with the right selection of components to interface into the Android stack results in a more complete and ready solution. Designers can directly develop applications on this integrated solution or easily modify their own drivers based on our reference code.

The i.MX family of applications processor running Android OS is an excellent platform for building a high-performance, low-power and cost-effective mobile device that successfully passes the Android Compatibility Test Suite(CTS).
    Features

Fully integrated and tested Android framework with optimized codecs, graphics and a development and debug environment
    Based off the latest stable Android kernel/release and previous releases for vertical markets
    Common code base across Freescale i.MX SoCs to greatly reduce porting effort to next generation i.MX processors
    Source code for selected drivers and middleware
    Source code for unit tests
    Tool chain included with the BSP
    Documentation (Reference Manual, User's Guide, Release Notes)

Supported Devices

ARM® Cortex®-A8 Cores: i.MX51 Processors
    ARM® Cortex®-A8 Cores: i.MX53 Processors - Multimedia
    ARM® Cortex®-A9 Cores: i.MX 6 Series Multicore Processors

Featured Documentation

IMX5X_R10_32_ANDROID_DOCSBUNDLE: Android BSP Documentation. Includes Android R10.3.2 Release Notes and User's Guide
    IMX51_R9_42_ANDROID_DOCS_BUNDLE: Android BSP Documentation. Includes Android R9.4.2 Release Notes and User's Guide

Current Updates and Releases

IMX5X_R10_32_ANDROID_SOURCECODE: Android R10.3.2 Demo Image, documentation and Source Code for BSP and Codecs. For i.MX51 and i.MX53 only.
    IMX51_R9_42_ANDROID_SOURCE_CODE: Android R9.4.2 Demo Image, documentation and Source Code for BSP and Codecs..