What widgets do you use and why?

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using:

DigiClock ~ Nice clock that has configurable link and skins, and uses my custom system font.
BatteryDroid ~ simple battery widget that looks slick and easy to read
MoonPhase ~ Best and free moon widget I have found, I like to have a heads up when I'll be turning next...
Palmary Weather ~ just switched from WeatherBug, I don't care for the app so much but the widgets are nice, have one 4x1 on my main screen and a whole panel with detailed info, I never really need to open the app this way and it refreshes without needing to use the lock screen (from what I can tell anyhow).
Pure Grid 4x4 ~ Month view of my calendar with just the color coded items so I can see what day 'the 25th' etc may be and if I'm busy or not.
Pure Agenda ~ Detailed overview of the next two days
3G Watchdog ~ somewhat accurate, at least lets me know if I'm near my data limit. I check ATT with their app to be sure. (ATT continues to list me as having unlimited data though?? I don't really want to ask them about it...)
Power Control Plus ~ All the toggle widgets I need on my homescreen.
SystemPanel one-click task killer ~ Really helpful when my device bogs down, have all necessary items white-listed so not just killing everything...
Libra ~ I need to keep an eye on my weight.

I have 2 more panels available, I'd love to use them up with useful widgets, any recommendations? I have LauncherPro Plus but don't find any of its widgets really very useful besides how they look.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm a history buff, and really like the HTC "Today in History" widget. If you aren't a history buff, it probably won't appeal. It can be found under "get more HTC widgets".

There's always the official Android Central widget for getting news headlines, though I don't feel the need for it myself. Engadget and most of the broader tech sites have similar or better headline widgets.

The Pandora widget

Word of the Day widget

I do more web browsing than anything else on my phone, so I keep a page of bookmarks available.

I have my home panel on websense filled up with direct links to apps and stuff I need, or might need "NOW", such as flashlight, google voice search, Quick Record (available under "get more HTC widgets), and the camera.

I have a full page filled with entertainment apps such as the Amazon Kindle app, a music player, Daily Strip (comic strips), etc.

This pic is outdated, but gets the idea across:

snap20100619_175540-1.png

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm using:
The Digital Clock Widget
Pandora
Calendar Widget from Launcher Pro Plus
Daily Bible Verse
Picture Frame
Switchpro
Facebook Widget from Launcher Pro Plus

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets only. I've had plenty of others in the past but find that many of them suck the life right out of your battery. I'm sticking with apps on home screens and suffering through that extra click to launch it.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Widgets

My widgets...I have widgets on 6 of 7 screens...7th is just apps.

-Beautiful Widgets Weather Home
- VLingo

- Audio Manager
- Astrid Active Tasks
- Weatherbug
- Executive Assistant 4x1

- People widget from LauncherPro +

- Friends widget from LauncherPro +

- Calendar widget from LauncherPro +
- Weatherbug Map

- last.fm
- Retro Radio
- Pandora
- Music player

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Remember the milk on my main screen - to remind me of tasks due today.
Quick Battery - To see battery %. Also takes me to battery usage when clicked.
Launcher Pro widgets, Calendar and Friends - Love the launcher pro widgets. They look great and are very smooth.
Weatherbug (paid) - Has the 3 day forecast, and has a transparent background. Very sleek.

MrLee

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using:

SystemPanel (paid) - use it to monitor CPU usage as I try random apps. Helped me figure out some apps that eats CPU when I'm sleeping.

Toggle Profile - Used the free version to set 1 click profiles.

3G Watchdog - Good reference, though I still check with my AT&T account from time to time and just re-edit the new info in 3G watchdog.

SMODA - disables/enables edge/3G connectivity with 1 click.

Compass (by Catch.com, inc) - I like that I can set the compass to auto-correct for true north, and I use the "my location" function to mark my car's spot (just having fun with the app).

Battery Indicator Pro - I like it because it displays % in the notification bar.

Fancy Widget - Does what I want, since I have a profile app so I don't need the toggle widgets from beautiful app. Like the basic function, click on time to go to alarm, forecast to show up more info and date to go into calendar.

GTask - simple overview of my tasks, and it syncs from google calendar.

Last edited:

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm a history buff, and really like the HTC "Today in History" widget. If you aren't a history buff, it probably won't appeal. It can be found under "get more HTC widgets".

I just downloaded this widget today but it does not appear to be working. I'm getting an error saying that it can't connect. Since all my other widgets that use internet are working, I have to assume something may be wrong with the widget. Is your history widget working properly? Thanks!

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I use Beweather clock/weather widget and Setcpu widget on my home screen. Those are the only widgets I use.

Sent from my Liquid Thunderbread HTC Thunderbolt

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use a few, I like to get the most from my home screen.

Beautiful widgets
Pure calendar
Multicon
Profile settings
Google finance
power control plus?

All on launcher pro plus where I can take advantage if my higher resolution qHD screen on my 3D and have five rows of icons :)

1876aa4f-ea2f-0fc1.jpg

Sent from my EVO 3D

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Currently I'm using these Widgets below.

1. Pandora radio. Keeps me calm & relaxed while I surf the web.
2. TweetCaster. For posting my daily & motivated posts.
3. CNN news. Keeps me informed on whatever is going on.
4. Almost all of SPB Shell 3D Widgets.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets only. I've had plenty of others in the past but find that many of them suck the life right out of your battery. I'm sticking with apps on home screens and suffering through that extra click to launch it.

Why do widgets ask for so many permissions? Beautiful widgets wants to know gps location! I get out wanting cell-tower location so it can give you "local" weather, but gps location?

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little widget-crazy at the moment:
- NoLED
- No Lock
- Battery Meter
- Program Monitor
- 3G Watchdog
- Tesla Flashlight
- TweetDeck
- Fancy Widgets
- Executive Assistant (calendar & tasks)
- Google Search

I usually also have a music widget as well, switching between Jango and Amazon's most recently.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Beautiful Widgets (is it a battery drainer?:'(),FB widget, Be Organized Widget, player pro widget....and power widget.

I have an lg optimus...any other suggestions? I have gone with and without beautiful widgets and I cant seem to get the hang of all the weather widgets, they look too busy etc....

:D

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I use Beautiful Widgets (is it a battery drainer?:'(),FB widget, Be Organized Widget, player pro widget....and power widget.

I have an lg optimus...any other suggestions? I have gone with and without beautiful widgets and I cant seem to get the hang of all the weather widgets, they look too busy etc....

:D
Have you tried SimiClock? Has a very simple weather widget.

ac5c0b5c.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38