Calendar Won't Sync

kthiemeyer

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I replaced my Droid RAZR with the Droid Ultra my google calendar events will not sync with my Nexus 10. I've web chatted with Motorola where they walked me through a Wipe Cache Partition, have consulted with two Verizon store techs, have downloaded a couple of calendar sync apps from the Google play store but nothing is working. All calendar events made from my RAZR are still on both calendars. If I go to the calendar on my Ultra, tap the menu, select Calendars to Display, tap Calendars to sync, I get a list with everything checked except Device Calendar which states "non-syncable." Any ideas on how to make these two devices work like they did when I had the RAZR? Thanks much.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Device calendars ARE non syncable. You'd have to select a 'cloud' one to enable this, like the one from your Google account.

kthiemeyer

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok, under Calendars to Sync I have my google calendar identified with my gmail address, Contact birthdays and events, and Holidays but the calendar events I set up on my Droid Ultra phone still don't sync with my Nexus 10 or my Google cloud, even though they did when I had my RAZR. I can help but think it has to do with a setting on my phone but no one has been able to solve the problem. I'm pretty frustrated.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Where are your events being created? If you set the event to be created on the device calendar, it will not sync to Google's. You need to create the event in a synced calendar.

kthiemeyer

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
OMG, that's it. I just opened my calendar and touched new event and up at the top is a bar with device calendar. I had never noticed it since getting my new phone. I tapped on the bar and my google account popped up and I selected it. Is there a way to make it my default?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, the last option you choose is where the next events will be created. So if you create one in Google Calendar, the next ones will default to this as well.

kthiemeyer

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Good Afternoon SpookDroid

This isn't related to this thread but since you were able to help with my previous question, maybe you'll know the answer to this one too. As in my previous question, ever since I upgraded to the Droid Ultra the FB pictures for the folks in my contacts list don't sync (or update when people change their profile pictures). With the RAZR I had two choices, show all FB friends in my contacts list (which I never choose) or show FB friends for only those people who are in my contacts list. Do you know how to solve this issue? Thanks much.