Did a store rep install a task manager when you purchased your phone?

Did a store rep install and/or recommend a Task Manager?

• Total voters

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
There are plenty of threads discussing the pros & cons of Task Killers. This is not one of them. I have 2 simple questions I'd like you to answer.

1) If you purchased your phone at the store, which of the 4 major carriers did you buy your phone from: Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile or AT&T?

2.) Did the store employee install and/or strongly recommend a task manager before you left the store?

Please post the answer to both questions here, and check the applicable checkboxes in the poll.

1: Sprint

2: No, they made no mention of one when I bought my EVO

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Small update.

My wife has the G2 @ TMob. She was having issues with youtube video freezing. Sale rep goes "Hmmm. Ok. Let me look.......ok....we need to install two apps to protect your phone." The dude installs ATK *and* Doctor Web.

palmwebosfan

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes, recommended

Best Buy Mobile Employee said part of their training for all employees

Clown also recommended a screen protector for an Epic 4G with Gorilla Glass

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I still dont understand why Google allows for so many apps to just start on their own. It's completely stupid.

Google is not the stupid one here. Read this:

Droid Den - Android Guide: Should I Use a Task Killer - Droid Den

And this:

Android Developers Blog: Multitasking the Android Way

That second link in particular is from the actual Android developers, and it explains pretty clearly how the multitasking works in Android. It's not stupid at all. Understand that, and you'll understand why task killers are unnecessary.

n8tvnyr

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
tmobile moto cliq.....ughhhhh. i told them if they touvh my phone i will smack them silly. stick to selling and forget about "informing" us on what should or shouldn't or what is "coming within days so you have no worries about upgrade from 1.5 to 2.1....Shoot sorry.....went off on a tangent.

Anyway, nice board you got here. Im gonna read the rules and snoop around and find the proper intro thread.

linwiz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon store, DINC

recommended and installed ATK. i just now removed mine, will have to remove it from the wifes (they got her too).. i thought it was a good program? heh.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I just purchased a My Touch 4G and my sales rep advised against it, so no she did not install it. BY the way I purchased it at a T-Mobile store.

google123

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I purchased online but had I purchased in-store, I would not have let them install anything. I am quite capable of installing apps on my smart phone.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I got mine at best buy and they tried to talk me into installing Advanced Task Killer, I knew better though. The guy even went through the effort of putting it on the receipt as a "recommended app"

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
1 Sprint evo.
2 all the store did was activate phone. They knew I was coming from another android device so I assume they knew that I knee what I wanted. Then again I paid full retail so maybe they wanted rid of me so they could get a customer they were making commission on.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
1. Sprint Evo From Best Buy

2. They didn't say anything about it to me and didn't install any apps on my phone.

I'm actually suprised how many sales people would install any kind of apps on their customers phones at all especially the ones who don't say anything about it to the customers. I guess they all just think that they are helping but that just seems a little creepy to me.