Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Did a store rep install and/or recommend a Task Manager?

Voters
963. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they did.

282 29.28%
  • No but they advised that I do so.

166 17.24%
  • No they did not.

518 53.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

Verizon store Dinc. Never mentioned it.

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

1. Fascinate - Verizon

2. They asked and recommended, I said no.

Sprint and yes the highly recommended it and walked me through how to download the free task killer

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Task Killer

Bought an Incredible from Verizon. Rep installed ATK right away. Said it will save my battery.

Being the phone guy at work, everyone always comes to me to talk phone news. A friend came to me Saturday to tell me his mother wanted to get a smartphone and she decided on the samsung fascinate with Verizon. First thing the rep did after setting up the phone was installed advanced task killer. That friend deleted it off her phone after she showed him the phone and asked how to do a few things. Ridiculous for them to be installing task killers or even recommending them IMO.

Purchased at a Sprint Store and the sales rep said that I would want to install a task killer. For what it's worth, one was installed on every floor model that I played with as well.

Evo from a sprint store, they wanted to put one on but when I mentioned that I worked for sprint they let me take care of it myself. Needless to say, it's never been installed.

Evo at Best Buy,They tried to install ATK but i said no thanks, then the rep said he would if it was his phone. i said its not your phone and even said that most Fourms do not think that they are good,and he said ....well they dont know what they're talking about.....hahahahahaha
    HTC EVO 4G
    Vaelpak 3.0 Remastered
    Netarchy-4.1.9,1-SBC

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

VZW, Droid 1, rep installed it in the store.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

i bought my phone online but i went in to report a bug and they told me i need to install a task killer to fix it (not true)... Verizon

TMO Vibrant.

No, they did not. Coming from a BB, I thought it a good idea and installed myself until I started reading about on the forums and quickly uninstalled.

Default Yes

Yes, Verizon LG Ally, Rep installed Advanced Task Killer to "show he how to use Android market.

1) Sprint
    2) when I first got my Hero the rep told me to install ATK. I ordered my Evo online but I had to go to Sprint store cuz it wouldn't activate. Sure enough a rep told me to install ATK.

The only phone I have ever purchased at a Store in person was the Evo and the rep did not mention anything whatsoever to me about a task manager. This was the only time I went into a store to buy an Android phone seeing as it was impossible to get an Evo online at the time. I tend to ignore what most reps say because a majority of the time they dont know what they are talking about.
    HTC Evo Baked 1.7
    Samsung Epic 4G Stock
    Dell Streak 16GB 2.1

This happened to me with both the Android phones I've gotten, one for my wife, one for my sister-in-law (since neither are techies):

Sprint corporate store (two different stores), both offered to install it.

I told them no thanks and they both look at me incredulously like "how can you not take my advice?".

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    1) If you purchased your phone at the store, which of the 4 major carriers did you buy your phone from: Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile or AT&T?
    I got my Droid Incredible about a month ago at a Verizon store.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    2.) Did the store employee install and/or strongly recommend a task manager before you left the store?
    The sales guy installed ATK during setup and showed me how to use it.

Verizon, and no, they did not mention a task killer.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG G4!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

1.) Verizon HTC Incredible.

Purchased with OS 2.1.

I installed ATK and found that it did indeed help.

2.) Froyo 2.2 update came through... started seeing major battery issues. Uninstalled ATK and the battery issues went back to normal.

I now use RUNNING SERVICES when I need to kill something and that has managed things pretty well.

Lego!
    HTC ONE (M8 - HK edition)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)

1)Verizon - Droid Incredible
    2) Rep installed ATK. I went along at the time because I was new to Android and was most recently on a Blackberry and wasn't aware. I removed a week or two later when I found your forums.
    Android Addict

1)Verizon - Droid Incredible

2)The rep made no mention of a task killer. Then again, I got mine the day it was released.
    Nexus 5
    5.1.1 rooted
    Nexus 6
    5.1.1 rooted
    Nexus 7
    5.1.1 rooted

1) Verizon - Droid X
    2) Rep gave me a sheet with "Hot Apps" - ATK on the list.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

On my Incredible (several phones ago) I had to take it to Verizon to have it activated. The sales rep did install a task killer and gave me a photocopied-handwritten list of suggested apps.

Droid X verizon store shipped to house
    No task killer installed

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

When I bought my HTC Hero and then the Evo, Sprint reps at the stores pimped the ATK. If I had issues with the HTC Hero phone, the mantra was "Dowload first ATK then come back if there is a bug or lag." With the Evo, haven't had problems, but when I bought it, ATK! ATK!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

htc Evo- Sprint
    They installed Advanced Task Killer without asking me to do so.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast