Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Did a store rep install and/or recommend a Task Manager?

Voters
963. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they did.

282 29.28%
  • No but they advised that I do so.

166 17.24%
  • No they did not.

518 53.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Question Did a store rep install a task manager when you purchased your phone?

There are plenty of threads discussing the pros & cons of Task Killers. This is not one of them. I have 2 simple questions I'd like you to answer.

1) If you purchased your phone at the store, which of the 4 major carriers did you buy your phone from: Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile or AT&T?

2.) Did the store employee install and/or strongly recommend a task manager before you left the store?

Please post the answer to both questions here, and check the applicable checkboxes in the poll.

1. Verizon

2. nope, made no mention of it whatsoever

for my friend:
    1. TMobile
    2. yes, he installed it AND said it would help save her battery life.
    Last edited by jackmei2; 10-19-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: edited to follow Cory's formatting

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

verizon, droid x, no mention of task manager, if they had, i prolly would've flipped a $h1t. useless things!

1) AT&T?(via a Best Buy store/employee). Captivate

2.) They installed Advanced Task Killer.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Official 4.0.2 Rooted

Yes, Verizon Droid X, Advanced Task Killer.

1) Droid X, Verizon Store

2) No they didn't say anything about a task killer but I found task killer and use it.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dimachka View Post
    verizon, droid x, no mention of task manager, if they had, i prolly would've flipped a $h1t. useless things!
    Not all of us are useless.

Sprint HTC Evo 4G and maybe they would have if I would have given them the chance but as soon as the phone was programmed I snatched it from the rep and said "great let's wrap this up I can handle the rest". He started to give me some speech about "Ready Now" but I told him I walked in the door ready and that I wanted to finish my purchase now.

P4trick H.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    CM7

Verizon, Droid Incredible, Bought online did not have one istalled but i later went to the local verizon store to check out accessories. Rep asked to see my phone and then preceeded to install Advance Task Killer. Btw the Rep is a personal friend so it wasn't weird when he took my phone from me without telling me what he was doing.
    Cranky likes this.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Epic at a Sprint store. I didn't have a store rep suggest or install a task killer but I sell batteries for a living and have customers come in looking for extended life batteries for smart phones a lot and have come across a few where a store rep had placed a task killer on their phones.

Verizon Droid X, they strongly suggested that ATK be put on, and offered to do it for me. I refused and took the opportunity to educate him, which I think ticked him off.
    Thanked by 3:

1. Best buy Mobile (EVO)
    2. Yes the mgr installed Adv task killer and said the battery would die in half a day without it.

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

1. Sprint... My Evo was purchased at Best Buy.
    2. The sales rep told me about the app, and its benefits, and that I should install it.
    Rolling with Sprint since 3/99...

ROM
    GummyNex 0.3.8

Samsung fascinate, verizon store

They did not. They did not even mention it or made any other suggestion. The only thing they told me was that I was the first customer to pick up fascinate. I did install Atk. I did not root it until recently and installed autokiller after rooting, thus crippling my phone... before I came to my senses and got rid of the pest.

EVO from Sprint they suggested I install ATK.

Daughter and Son-in-law both got EVOs at Best Buy. BB installed ATK on both. I removed.
    HTC EVO 4G
    My apps
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Droid X from Best Buy. BB installed ATK on phone

1. Verizon Original Droid
    2. They made no mention of a Task Killer

Droid 1

Verizon Store

Yes they installed it

Verizon, Original Droid, Droid X, and Droid Incredible. Did not install or offer to install on any of them.
    Sarashey2n likes this.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Tmobile G2...... No task killer

ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

With my Fascinate, the guy said he "never installs anything", he just activates the phone bc he doesn't want to be held responsible for any problems. But all of my droids and my D2 all got Task Killers, whether I wanted them or not. So annoying.
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4
    Sarashey2n likes this.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

1) HTC EVO Sprint....

2) through Best Buy..no mention of a task manager or task killer
    EVO 4G ----->SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE next phone...dont even care!

I've bought a G1, MyTouch 3g, and a Vibrant from T-Mobile and at no point did they even mention a task killer. Also, my girlfriend has a Cliq and they did not mention it then either.

Did not receive any advice to install a task killer, however, since I was new to the OS, I installed one. Quickly found this site, saw the thread and just as quickly uninstalled the task killer. Now I'm as happy as a lark.

I do use a system monitor program, but don't run it all the time. Only load it up when I'm looking for problems.

If Google and the many smart folks on this board say don't use one, well I'm not a smart man, momma always said, stupid is as stupid does.

ROM
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #15

Evo 4G. Bought at Bestbuy on day one and was told that I needed a taskkiller. When I tried to argue that it was bad for the phone they told me I don't know what I am talking about.
Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast