Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Issues

I have had 2 serious issues with Live Profile since it was first released. I get random force closes, and sometimes my messages are never delivered, and I just get a check mark, and never get a "d" saying it is delivered, or it gets delivered much much later. I've tested it, and sent a text message and google talk message instead, and they both worked. It will off and on tell me that the other party is unavailable, and vice versa, although the phones are right next to each other, and data is working fine with all other apps. This was the case, even after tonight's update to 0.0.15a.
    • I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

• I am not Neo, but I am still the One.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  
    Developer

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by briankeith513 View Post
    I have had 2 serious issues with Live Profile since it was first released. I get random force closes, and sometimes my messages are never delivered, and I just get a check mark, and never get a "d" saying it is delivered, or it gets delivered much much later. I've tested it, and sent a text message and google talk message instead, and they both worked. It will off and on tell me that the other party is unavailable, and vice versa, although the phones are right next to each other, and data is working fine with all other apps. This was the case, even after tonight's update to 0.0.15a.
    I believe you were the one who e-mailed me. Check your e-mail.
    Neighborhood IT Pro

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I'm having an issue with people always appearing offline. The only thing that resolves this issue is to Force Close the program and then I'll see who's online and receive messages that were waiting for me. Any fix in the works for this?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    Developer

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tr0ubl3 View Post
    I'm having an issue with people always appearing offline. The only thing that resolves this issue is to Force Close the program and then I'll see who's online and receive messages that were waiting for me. Any fix in the works for this?
    Yep it is a known issue we are working to resolve it. Bear with us
    Thanked by:
    CR4V3 

I posted this in the exchange thread by accident but I sent in my email for an invite, hope I get one soon. Couldn't register on my phone and got an error. Hope to get an invite soon.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

I just hope this app is release soon because this is so much better than Kik and I want to be able to chat with my iphone and blackberry friends. Keep up the good work guys!! Cant wait till the next update

Hey guys, its been a while since we have heard anything from the liveprofile team... can you give us any word on whats going on with the app? Kik is taking a huge leap ahead and its gonna be hard to get our buddies to use liveprofile if they are already set on kik. Please let us know when it will be out for other devices? and when will the features we have been waiting for b unlocked in liveprofile for android?

Thanks so much for a great app anyhow.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    Developer

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

We are still here and working around the clock. Expect to see some major progress soon! Get all of your BlackBerry and iPhone friends to leave their e-mail addresses on our website LiveProfile - Stay Connected we will send out an e-mail to everyone once it is available.

Quote Originally Posted by aamzalag View Post
    Hey guys, its been a while since we have heard anything from the liveprofile team... can you give us any word on whats going on with the app? Kik is taking a huge leap ahead and its gonna be hard to get our buddies to use liveprofile if they are already set on kik. Please let us know when it will be out for other devices? and when will the features we have been waiting for b unlocked in liveprofile for android?

Thanks so much for a great app anyhow.
    yea definitely agree that its going to be a task prying ppl off of that kik crap, its is DEFINITELY underneath this, but i know these things take time, and i hope it works out in time enough for the luck of kik to wear off, man they got a strange burst f luck.
    anywho great APP best of luck !
    Last edited by chavern browne; 06-03-2011 at 01:18 AM.

I'm liking LiveProfile so far. I wasn't a fan of kik at all and I uninstalled it after having it for like a day.....LOL

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts

kik is pretty weak. No profile pics, status updates or file exchange. Idk why people like it so much. I think some people just like an easy name. Lol

LPOXQVBM
    Last edited by 20blks; 11-10-2010 at 05:58 PM.

I'm also a Live Profile fan. I think it has a lot more options than Kik.

Quote Originally Posted by 20blks View Post
    kik is pretty weak. No profile pics, status updates or file exchange. Idk why people like it so much. I think some people just like an easy name. Lol

LPOXQVBM
    That may all be true, but kik is a lot more reliable than Live Profile at the moment....at least for me and my friends. I am hoping Live Profile gets up to par soon though.
    • I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

• I am not Neo, but I am still the One.

can we get nay news as to whats going on for liveprofile? being in the dark kinda sucks

It says all my friends are "Unavailable"
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    Developer

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    It says all my friends are "Unavailable"
    We were upgrading some servers this may have caused your contacts to go unavailable is it still not working? if so e-mail support@liveprofile.com we can troubleshoot with you.
    A Dude

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz / CM10

Any idea when the iPhone/BB versions will be available??
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  
    Developer

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

iPhone was submitted to Apple pending approval. BlackBerry is just being finished up now.

will there be updates to the android version when the iphone and blackberry ones get released? i know the android version has many locked features as of now.

Still seeing everyone as unavailable and now I have someone as pending but no matter how many times I authorize them, I still get a notification for the request
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  
    Developer

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Please see: LiveProfile release dates for the BlackBerry iPhone and more

Big things coming and connectivity will be rock solid soon

Quote Originally Posted by LiveProfile View Post
    We were upgrading some servers this may have caused your contacts to go unavailable is it still not working? if so e-mail support@liveprofile.com we can troubleshoot with you.
    I'm gonna email you with some of the bugs I've been experiencing when I get home.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  
    Developer

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Server upgrades are complete. Any issues with contacts going unavailable should be fixed! Let us know if you have any other issues support@liveprofile.com

Quote Originally Posted by LiveProfile View Post
    Server upgrades are complete. Any issues with contacts going unavailable should be fixed! Let us know if you have any other issues support@liveprofile.com
    Sent an email
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  
    Developer

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Update coming for Android this week. The iPhone app is finally approved and released to the public!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast