ChromeMarks - Sync Chrome Bookmarks with Android Phone
anybody try this app yet?
1. pros - automatic continuous sync in real time with your Chrome Bookmarks.
2. cons - does not integrate with Android Browser.
1st Android app to give you access to all your Google Chrome Bookmarks!
ChromeMarks - Android app on AppBrain
- 10-24-2010, 01:48 AM #2
i just bought this app. it's AWESOME!!!
autosync all of your Chrome favorites/bookmarks from your PC to your Android phone. AWESOME!
and the lack of integration into Android Browser Bookmarks doesn't bother me at all. i just long press home key and get the Chromemarks App pop up when i'm in the Android Browser and i can easily bounce between bookmarks/favorites. AND it keeps the hierarchal folder tree structure.
a bargain at $1.58!
ChromeMarks - Android app on AppBrain
Chromium Blog: Bookmarks Here, Bookmarks There, Bookmarks Everywhere
- 10-28-2010, 12:27 AM #5
- 10-28-2010, 01:25 PM #6
- 10-28-2010, 04:29 PM #8
Hi there, I'm the developer of Chromemarks.
Just a quick response to "JL-F1". As you mention, Docs is just used by Google to "virtually" display your bookmarks. They are read only and you cannot edit them in any way - they are merely retrieved from Google's sync database and displayed on the screen for you. ChromeMarks allows you to create, edit and delete the bookmarks. You can even update the icons as well - something that you can't do in chrome without deleteing and recreateing the bookmark.
Hope that helps answer!
- 10-28-2010, 10:05 PM #9
Two problems on my Evo:
1) It is only syncing only a few of my folders, the others are empty.
To be more clear, it seems like all the parent folders are listed but the bookmarks within are what is missing.
I tried setting up sync on chrome on two different computers.
2) I keep getting "No network connection found" when I press sync. It is set to use 3G, not just Wi-Fi, I doubled checked and the internet is working in the phone. I just got home tried it and got the error. So I turned Wi-Fi on and it synced. I then turned Wi-Fi off and it synced.
I also got it to work after a reset to default but then it did it again, 3 times. It still does it, very annoying.
EDIT: Okay looking at the information within Google Docs what is there matches on the phone so it is not ChromeMarks fault, sorry.
Why isn't Chrome syncing everything then I wonder...
The network issue is still there. Will this be addressed? Anyone else having this issue?
I found a new problem when tryng to edit or create a bookmark, it tries to sync but gives me an "Unexpected Responsetype: TRANSIENT_ERROR" I am on Wi-Fi just to try... Did the same on 3G after a phone reboot.
-Can you please add an option to leave the sort order alone?
-Can you add a way that we can create a shortcut to a folder?
-Can you allow smaller fonts in the lists?
- 10-29-2010, 04:11 AM #10
2. Yup, that's definitely on the todo list. But I don't know whether it should be a fancy widget (=new to me so might take a long time to code) or a simple shortcut to fire the app up in a specific folder?
3. Smaller fonts..? hmmm...I've had mails from users asking for the fonts to be made larger! All the fonts should be in dips, so the device res and screen shouldn't be an issue. But I could possibly make that another pref to choose the font size. I'll add it to the list.
Hope that helps!
- 10-29-2010, 03:25 PM #11
I think every program should always offer the ability to select the font used in a program along with its size.
BTW I plugged CM for you on another forum.
- 10-29-2010, 04:43 PM #12
- 10-30-2010, 01:33 PM #13
- 10-30-2010, 01:48 PM #14
I'll move the "shortcut to a folder" request higher up the to-do list.. :-)
Hope that helps.
Are you syncing via mobile network or wifi? Do you get other slowdowns while browsing on your phone normally..? (I only ask as for me T-mobile uk constantly give me time-out errors and I experience them often while browsing).
- At the moment, ChromeMarks sorts the data in alphabetical order (though before the fix just now in 20101030, it was case sensitive. Now the sort is case INsensitive).But I'm not too keen to keep adding more attributes as it will slow the app a bit.
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE GREAT SOFTWARE!
- 10-30-2010, 03:29 PM #16
- 10-31-2010, 06:42 AM #17
I've setup a community website now. You can see all the things on my to-do list and you can vote for the ones you do or don't want. You can suggest new ideas as well or raise bugs or feedback.
You can find it at hxxp:// chromemarks.userecho .com
Please don't vote "+1" for everything as that ain't gonna help work out what to do next!