RSS reader widget

NPTran23

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
When I had a storm I used the RSS reader Viigo 24/7. So I'm wondering if the android has anything close to Viigo? Also I love how you can have widgets like facebook, youtube, and calender on my droid's three homescreens and was wondering if there are any RSS widgets I could put on my homescreen. Thanks!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you just need to read RSS, you can use google reader, it's not an app you can download, but a webapp, just point your browser to google.com/reader

works pretty well. for me, but i don't use RSS all that much...for some reason, i'm more of a bookmark and go to the site kind of guy. :)

maybe someone can chime in with a dedicated app with a widget?

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Check out NewsRob in the Market. Very simple but it works.

I'm about to check out BeyondPod, which is an RSS reader and podcatcher. It's $7 for the registered version, but the 7-day trial version is free, and that's what I'm going to try.

NPTran23

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
if you just need to read RSS, you can use google reader, it's not an app you can download, but a webapp, just point your browser to google.com/reader

works pretty well. for me, but i don't use RSS all that much...for some reason, i'm more of a bookmark and go to the site kind of guy. :)

maybe someone can chime in with a dedicated app with a widget?

Is that for the phone (droid)? I'm asking for a widget on the phone (droid) not my computer by the way.

philjackson

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
If you go to the google reader web address, they have a mobile UI that works great. It's as good as a application. But it's not a widget. I know Flyscreen app can make your lock screen display your google reader feed. I'm sure there are other widget like readers too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781