What are your favorite "ROOT" apps?

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I want to start a thread suggesting apps that require root for others to enjoy. There's all sorts of app threads, but I couldn't find one specifically for rooted use (if there is one someone please link it and maybe the mods can lock the thread).

So, what are your favorite root apps? Name and description would be a big help. :cool:

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll go first. I just rooted my phone yesterday but already have a few apps.

Titanium Backup - Backs up all your apps and phone files. Can be a lifesaver.

Drocap2 - Captures a screen shot of your phone screen for easy upload to forums and sites.

Wireless Tether - Let's you use your phone as a mobile hot spot (Wi-Fi). This one was not on the market. Had to install via apk from forum thread but it works great!!! I didn't have luck with Barnacle. Can be found in this thread:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-roms-hacks/16101-free-wireless-tethering.html

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
SetCPU - save some battery life by tweaking your cpu speed settings.

ROM Manager - easily backup, restore and try out different ROMs

Root Explorer - manage the entire file system with Read/Write access

Extended Controls* - doesn't entirely need root access but I love having a reboot widget on the home screen

ShootMe - like Drocap2 described above, just the one I use.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Titanium Backup is a definite "must have." It not only backs up your data and your applications, but also your application's data so you don't lose or have to reset anything.

It will also let you remove apps that you can't otherwise uninstall, like the Amazon MP3 app.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Can't really figure out how to do Titanium Backup. But I have everything you guys listed except Extended Controls. I have Switchpro which I think does have a reboot function on it.

I just rooted a couple hours ago and ran CWM, but haven't done anything else yet. So I hope lots of people contribute to this thread so I can get some more ideas. :)

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted a couple hours ago and ran CWM, but haven't done anything else yet. So I hope lots of people contribute to this thread so I can get some more ideas. :)

That's the whole point of this thread. Hopefully us newly rooted users will get some good suggestions to start playing with...

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine us pretty much the same, but my fav would be the rom manager. It will load different roms for you plus will install clockwork recovery, and has a function to repair force close issues you may have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae