YouTube stops when phone turns off. Bad for pocket-listening.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
When my phone turns off, the youtube stops.

Sometimes, I want to turn off the screen and put it in my pocket and listen to a long youtube video.

Of course, I can adjust the display time-out, but then the phone is on and if I put it in my pocket, invariably, the screen accidentally gets touched, disrupting the listening.

Any suggestions for me with my Note3 KitKat???

Thanks,
Mike

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Locking the screen forces the app to stop playing any videos. That is the case for any video streaming app, but not for music.
You can try the app recommended above, but I usually just leave it in my pocket like that. Haven't had it paused or pressed anything by accident while it's in there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
B. Diddy for the WIN! THANK YOU!!!! That is literally EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!! It saves bandwidth, and I can lock/turn off screen and continue listening, while saving battery.

Simply awesome! Thank you a million !!!

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Oh NO! uListen doesn't let me fast-forward. I was trying to listen to a 1 hour lecture. I hit pause when I was getting gas, and somehow it wanted to start back at the beginning.

Is there an app which lets me stream audio from a youtube video and jump around within the stream?

Thanks,
Mike

Ghostline

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh NO! uListen doesn't let me fast-forward. I was trying to listen to a 1 hour lecture. I hit pause when I was getting gas, and somehow it wanted to start back at the beginning.

Is there an app which lets me stream audio from a youtube video and jump around within the stream?

Thanks,
Mike
Try Viral Popup (YouTube player) - I believe this does all you need
Sorry, I can't post links but it's easy to find.

Regards.