When my phone turns off, the youtube stops.

Sometimes, I want to turn off the screen and put it in my pocket and listen to a long youtube video.

Of course, I can adjust the display time-out, but then the phone is on and if I put it in my pocket, invariably, the screen accidentally gets touched, disrupting the listening.

Any suggestions for me with my Note3 KitKat???

Thanks,
    Mike
    08-16-2014 03:34 PM
    Try uListen.
    pcguys and UJ95x like this.
    08-17-2014 12:41 AM
    Locking the screen forces the app to stop playing any videos. That is the case for any video streaming app, but not for music.
    You can try the app recommended above, but I usually just leave it in my pocket like that. Haven't had it paused or pressed anything by accident while it's in there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    08-17-2014 12:54 AM
    B. Diddy for the WIN! THANK YOU!!!! That is literally EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!! It saves bandwidth, and I can lock/turn off screen and continue listening, while saving battery.

Simply awesome! Thank you a million !!!
    UJ95x and B. Diddy like this.
    08-17-2014 08:57 AM
    Thx for uListen, it's great
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-18-2014 07:41 AM
    Oh NO! uListen doesn't let me fast-forward. I was trying to listen to a 1 hour lecture. I hit pause when I was getting gas, and somehow it wanted to start back at the beginning.

Is there an app which lets me stream audio from a youtube video and jump around within the stream?

Thanks,
    Mike
    09-14-2014 06:14 AM
    Oh NO! uListen doesn't let me fast-forward. I was trying to listen to a 1 hour lecture. I hit pause when I was getting gas, and somehow it wanted to start back at the beginning.

Is there an app which lets me stream audio from a youtube video and jump around within the stream?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Try Viral Popup (YouTube player) - I believe this does all you need
    Sorry, I can't post links but it's easy to find.

Regards.
    09-16-2014 05:16 PM
    Seems like Viral popup does NOT do audio only (as far as I can tell), but thanks
    09-20-2014 08:07 PM