Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

Default HOW: Hangouts Multiple Devices

I have a PC, Chromebook, Tablet & Phone.. With Google Voice, I can see my text messages and conversations on all four devices... A friend said that you can definitely see the same hang out almost all the vices, but I can't figure out how.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Default Re: HOW: Hangouts Multiple Devices

Hangouts should definitely sync across devices--there's nothing special you need to do, as long as you're logged into the same Google account. The only exception would be SMS messages, if you use Hangouts for SMS. Those messages won't sync to any device that isn't your phone.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Hangouts should definitely sync across devices--there's nothing special you need to do, as long as you're logged into the same Google account. The only exception would be SMS messages, if you use Hangouts for SMS. Those messages won't sync to any device that isn't your phone.
    Hangouts was definitely not syncing messages between my phone and tablet. So I deleted the cache and data then logged back into the app and now it is syncing but of course not sms.

Glad you figured it out! Not sure why it glitched like that--hopefully it doesn't do it again.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.